Sponsored

Driving at night with the LED Package

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a 19 Rubi with LED Light Package from Jeep off the lot (no mod/custom headlights)

Everywhere I drive at night oncoming drivers are flashing their brights at me (as to say to turn off mine)

I’m sitting high, 4 inch lift and 37s, so I assume for most sedans I’m at eye level of oncoming traffic and the LEDs are annoying, and they think my brights are on when they aren’t.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Sometimes I’ll ignore them, sometimes I’ll get frustrated at a light if they don’t stop, and flash back with my brights to show I’m not running them.

I find this so annoying and stressful. Does anyone else run into this problem as well?

(I’m on Auto lights, and my brights are not on- the next lowest setting is just the round ring, and I can’t drive with just that because it does not give off enough light)
Sponsored

OP
OP
RSenese

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Sponsored

chamox

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red Rubicon
Just got my Rubi the other day and just drove at night. The lights are SO bright - I thought I had my brights on for a bit. I'm wondering how they will do off road. Maybe just need some spots for the side.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Just flash them back and give them a wave...

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 19 Rubi with LED Light Package from Jeep off the lot (no mod/custom headlights)

Everywhere I drive at night oncoming drivers are flashing their brights at me (as to say to turn off mine)

I’m sitting high, 4 inch lift and 37s, so I assume for most sedans I’m at eye level of oncoming traffic and the LEDs are annoying, and they think my brights are on when they aren’t.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Sometimes I’ll ignore them, sometimes I’ll get frustrated at a light if they don’t stop, and flash back with my brights to show I’m not running them.

I find this so annoying and stressful. Does anyone else run into this problem as well?

(I’m on Auto lights, and my brights are not on- the next lowest setting is just the round ring, and I can’t drive with just that because it does not give off enough light)
It happens in my wife’s stock Grand Cherokee so I can only imagine in a JL with 4 inch lift.. in my lifted jk I had the lights angled down when I lifted it..

Deleted member 35398

LEDS across the board are bright........even in daylight. I live on a two-lane country road in rural Idaho and the other day a Jeep was coming down the road, obviously with LED headlights and they definitely get your attention even in the middle of the day. Probably a good safety feature to have. I have noticed the same thing on the newer Harley-Davidson motorcycles as well; LEDs are very noticeable.

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the lift. My stock halogens gets flashes from time to time.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think they’re flashing you in jealousy :)

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Every time I have lifted a vehicle I took it right to the shop for alignment and head light adjustment. It's no joke for someone driving towards a vehicle that has head lights shining dead in their face, especially with LED lights.