Sponsored

Driveshaft to Fuel Tank Contact Queston

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Just watched teraflex Falcon 2.1 shock install video. About 2.5 minutes into the video it starts talking about how to move the fuel tank to prevent the driveshaft from contacting.

I have owned a TJ,JK, now JL and have never experienced this issue. What’s the recipe for disaster here?

I have a teraflex 2.5” budget boost and would like to order the falcons, this video has me concerned. Should I be?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not an issue limited to falcons per se. It’s more related to down travel. The more your rear axle travels down, the more it will shift to the passenger side. This is because the frame side attachment point of the rear trackbar is on the passenger side. (Which is opposite of the front which is correct)

With the trackbar being a fixed arm during down travel the axle gets pulled to the passenger side, which happens to be the side the fuel tank is on.

I don’t know where the line is, but with my Metalcloak 30”extended length shocks the driveline was hitting the fuel tank.

No biggie, an aftermarket shaft fixed that as it’s smaller in diameter.

If you don’t offroad you likely would never hit the fuel tank with the stock driveshaft.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Not really sure how shocks will affect d/s to tank interference, unless we're assuming they're longer and will allow more axle movement up/down which will then of course translate to a little more movement left/right?

He-who-shall-not-be-mentioned also has a vid on this, just loosen the mounting points, shove the tank right, and re-tighten.

So, yes, it can be a problem on JL's but I don't see how it relates to Falcons or any other shocks

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not really sure how shocks will affect d/s to tank interference, unless we're assuming they're longer and will allow more axle movement up/down which will then of course translate to a little more movement left/right?

He-who-shall-not-be-mentioned also has a vid on this, just loosen the mounting points, shove the tank right, and re-tighten.

So, yes, it can be a problem on JL's but I don't see how it relates to Falcons or any other shocks
I’m not sure what the extended length is on the falcons, but when your shocks extend north of 30” it’s possible to rub the gas tank with driveshaft at full stuff of passenger rear wheel. It can be controlled with more bump stop.
Jeep Wrangler JL Driveshaft to Fuel Tank Contact Queston E7083CBA-A200-4C85-9D32-E9BD4B3E681C

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
....or an aftermarket d/s that doesn't have the OD of a Foster's "Australian for Beer" can.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLRyder

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
100% ty folks!
Sponsored