Drivers!

1. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sport S
    Liked:
    This will be a bit of a rant, but I’d love to hear if anyone else has the same observations. I’ve noticed over the past year, an increase in rude, impatient, and aggressive drivers. Maybe it’s been like this for a while and I’m just noticing. Couple of examples…. Just tonight, I was stopped at a red light in my little town (suburb of Boston), light turns green, and within a millisecond, the guy behind me blows his horn. Earlier I pulled out onto a main road near my home, no cars in sight, suddenly someone is on my tail, clearly annoyed that I’m in the way.

What’s happening? Is it the political climate just has everyone so anxious? Is it a generational thing, millennials in a hurry? Is it me? Love to hear your thoughts!

old8tora likes this.
  2. old8tora

old8tora Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2016 JK Sport
    Liked:
    For my experience in my beach town , you are describing the BMW personality .

3. Uhdinator

Uhdinator Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Not you. There are a lot of crappy, rude, unsafe, risk taking drivers. They drive to close and too fast.
    I love when its raining or snowing with my big tires. I pull out onto highway........no one in sight. Next thing you know I got someone up my a$$ and I'm going 5 over the limit. I aim for every every bit of sand, standing water, snow, slush and dead animals that I can find. My next step will be a funnel in my floor drain between my feet, and carry some extra soda's, chocolate or maple syrup or maybe a catheter to the drain hole.

It's really inconsiderate when someone flies by you and cuts in your lane 1/2 a car length in front of you in the rain of snow and you have to brake to open up a safe distance so you can see as well, and they are clueless or don't care. And they pull into the parking lot at work 5 seconds sooner than me. i shake my head and resist pulling up next to them and asking them if they always drive like an idiot, and would love to also say....."you should get outta bed 5 min earlier and you wouldn't have to ride my a$$ to get to work on time."

cscotty63 and RichD like this.
  4. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

First Name:
    G
    Vehicle(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    I have noticed this as well. I even got into road rage fights over it. Now I just let it go. Maybe it’s a southern New England thing. I live in Mass as well. I think it’s worse in Connecticut. But haven’t noticed it as much in NH, VT, or Maine. I would of figured you’d be use to it living right below Boston. I think Boston is the worst place to drive in the world. The people have to be the most inconsiderate drivers. I will never drive a car through there again. Walking is fine.

5. OP
    OP
    RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sport S
    Liked:
    Well....not just a Boston thing. I was in the N. Conway NH area a few weeks ago, driving on a dark icy road, winding through the mountains. I thought I was driving at a good but safe pace. Again, car on my tail, headlights in my mirror, couldn't wait to pass me, which he did eventually. You're right, I have to let it go!

Another pet peeve to add to my list ;), ignorant drivers that don't thank or acknowledge me when I stop to let them out from a parking lot or side street. I'd say 50% of the time they don't even look up. Many are on the phone. I think I’m becoming quite the curmudgeon! :lipssealed:

6. Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    '07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
    Liked:
    And here I was going to say there's too many slow drivers on the road, who drive under the limit or are inconsiderate and won't speed up when I politely flash the

Worst are the assholes on the highway who hog the right lane and won't move over. I won't be a dick to people who move over and are considerate, but I was born with a lead foot and hate when people barely move.

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
    Liked:
    Southern manners are a real thing. Only problem here is fleeing damn yankees.

Do you know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?

A yankee goes back home.

JohnAinVA, UKCATS and Rogues Gambit like this.
  8. Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    We got something similar, we call 'em Benny's

(Also, Tillie [0:46-0:48] gives me nightmares, bad enough he's Asbury's Mascot)

Dagwood likes this.
  9. Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport on 33s w/LSD
    Liked:
    Retired US Army
    It’s a law-of-averages thing. There are a number of assholes on the road at any given time. If you drive enough, they will cross your path. Some days no assholes; other days an asshole on every corner.

Rogues Gambit likes this.
  10. Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I was on the Garden state, traffic in the left lane slowed down so everyone maneuvered around the infinity

Two middle aged (40s) women yucking it up doing 65 in the passing lane. If my boss wasn't on the phone, would of honked at them for cruising

Also, Saturday night, some Jewcedes Benz (Lexus) was going 35 in a 50, wouldn't yield the whole time and then got onto 18. Cut them off and gave them the 1 finger salute, looked back a minute later and they're still driving like a slow fuck in the right lane.

This is why we can't have nice things

11. Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport on 33s w/LSD
    Liked:
    Retired US Army
    That seems a little...reactive.

12. Rogues Gambit

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Don't fuck the flow of traffic up cause your old, chill or just retarded, stay in the right or pull over and let others pass