Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I just don't understand what the point of not going with a design that worked on previous Jeeps or literally every single other car ever made was.
costs savings. I tried to approach this issue this time with a positive attitude. More calmly for my own health. But I am started to get so pissed again, just thinking about how ridiculous this whole situation is and how much time has my Jeep spent in dealers for such a dumb issue.

What do we need to do so they actually fix this issue for good? once we are out of warranty this could turn into an expensive fix for those who had problems inside the seat frames.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
costs savings. I tried to approach this issue this time with a positive attitude. More calmly for my own health. But I am started to get so pissed again, just thinking about how ridiculous this whole situation is and how much time has my Jeep spent in dealers for such a dumb issue.

What do we need to do so they actually fix this issue for good? once we are out of warranty this could turn into an expensive fix for those who had problems inside the seat frames.
The few pennies per vehicle production cost savings is gonna be offset by the warranty repair costs, as well as a hit to brand confidence. This will be a public relations nightmare for FCA as people get pissed off enough to use the Lemon Law, which clearly applies to any vehicle where multiple repair attempts for a recurring issue fail to permanently fix it. FCA should be way more proactive about this with the Bronco coming up. This is nothing but a failure of leadership at the top. A $4 part shouldn't get loyal customers to start eying the competition. @JeepCares

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
The few pennies per vehicle production cost savings is gonna be offset by the warranty repair costs, as well as a hit to brand confidence. This will be a public relations nightmare for FCA as people get pissed off enough to use the Lemon Law, which clearly applies to any vehicle where multiple repair attempts for a recurring issue fail to permanently fix it. FCA should be way more proactive about this with the Bronco coming up. This is nothing but a failure of leadership at the top. A $4 part shouldn't get loyal customers to start eying the competition. @JeepCares
Totally agree with this statement!! Short sighted for sure on FCA

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
And I’m back. TSB followed, new plastic POS installed (I ordered 5 for both sides directly from Mopar and brought to dealership) no more than 8-10 uses of passenger seat and wham said POS shattered. If I didn’t have a backup would have had to leave someone behind, 2+ hours each way!! This is beyond absurd!!! Recall with reinforced all metal return is needed now!!
Do you happen to have the part number? Id like to get some as spares, just in case it happens to me.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I got a call from the dealer today.

According to them "there is a new updated part # for the 2 doors seats lower frame". It is a new part and it was just ordered for my Jeep. Fingers crossed this is the final fix for this horrible seat release system!. They told me it was good news so we will see. They are ordering the new part and will let me know when they have the part at the dealer.

Once I get my Jeep fixed I'll share the "new part #" here.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I purchased 3 for each side just in case.....of course now they have a new part# . They were cheap so nothing lost but I have not had the issue yet and am really carefull with moving the seats(which is asinine) but I know at some point either one or both will go. Always good to be prepared ...looks farely easy to pop out and replace hopefully I won't have to find out.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I got a call from the dealer today.

According to them "there is a new updated part # for the 2 doors seats lower frame". It is a new part and it was just ordered for my Jeep. Fingers crossed this is the final fix for this horrible seat release system!. They told me it was good news so we will see. They are ordering the new part and will let me know when they have the part at the dealer.

Once I get my Jeep fixed I'll share the "new part #" here.
Is it a different number than in the TSB and if so, what's different about the part?

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Is it a different number than in the TSB and if so, what's different about the part?
They are talking about the entire lower frame, with the rails. Not the little plastic piece. They said it is a revised part. They won't give me more info, they just said the revised part will fix the issue. Once I get the Jeep fixed, I'll report if it is better or relies on the same little plastic piece. They might have changed the entire mechanism since the TSB piece still breaks.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I got a new driver's side seat frame at the end of December 2019. Looking at the invoice, I think the part number is 68276603AG. 2 door Sport. So I'll be interested to see if there's a new part #.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation