Sponsored

Driver's side rear quarter panel of softtop flying off mid trip.

OP
OP

DJ Jay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Exact same thing happened to me, and I lost the panel I couldn't find it after. Took it to the dealer, this is known issue with the soft top on Jeeps, at first they tried to tell me I installed it incorrectly so I called Jeep Wave customer service and they took care of it for me. Dealer wanted to charge me $400 for a replacement.
Christian- how long ago did this happen to you?
Sponsored

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Nick
Can you tell me who your dealer was that provided warranty coverage? My dealer's service manager wants to reach out to him to see how the claim was put in with Jeep.
Capital CJD of Garner, NC

1618243191242528155252.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I guess this might be one of the downfalls of Bestop getting away from zippers and going to channels and velcro
IIRC correctly, the factory soft top on my YJ used the same tab & channel design that we have on our JLs/JLUs. Yes, zippers were used in lieu of the hard plastic vertical uprights evident on the current vinyl window panels.

The zippers did functionally eliminate the possibility of the owner installing the windows incorrectly, as may be possible with the esoteric fitment of the vertical uprights on the current generation Wrangler.

OP
OP

DJ Jay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Thanks everyone for the comments. Brought it to the dealer. Put a claim in through Jeep Waves. Seems like they are going to cover it under warranty. Just worried about it happening again.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Mine almost blew all the way off, but I caught it before it came all the way out. The rubber/plastic C-channel that slides over the rail attached to the roof part was widened at one section from the dealer. It looks like at some point someone took the window off without sliding the C-channel off the rail and instead just pulled it directly off the rail and thus blew the C-channel out such that it didn't stay on. Got the window replaced under warranty.

OP
OP

DJ Jay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Update....
Jeep Waves emailed me that they would cover the replacement. Stated it was a "known issue". Service Department ordered replacement. Went over last week and had service tech show me how to install just to be sure. Tech installed same way as the first time. Drove home and around this weekend with no problems. I even drove on same stretch of highway but I kept it at 55-60 instead of 65. No problems so far. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored