Drivers Door Won't Lock

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
Just picked up my Rubicon today and the drivers door won't lock by the inside door lock or the key fob, it will lock by the key. This explains why the salesman and myself set off the alarm at the dealership, he couldn't answer me when I asked why it did that. I really hate taking vehicles back to the dealer for them to work on, always seems like I end up with something else broken, before I make an appointment, does anyone have any idea of what simple fix this might be ? I've already checked the connector at the door for door removal, it looks fine, also looked in the fuse panel and it looks like one fuse works all the door locks, I can hear all the other solenoids click except for the drivers door.
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does the power window go up and down? Try unplugging the power to the door and then plugging it back in. Search how to remove doors to see how that wiring harness works if you’re not sure.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Are you certain that it didn't think the key was still in the car? That's the only thing that comes to mind.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you certain that it didn't think the key was still in the car? That's the only thing that comes to mind.
He said the other doors work so probably not it

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MoparTH

Disconnect and then reconnect the driver's door cable and then try it. Ya never know..

This video shows how to disconnect the cable/ remove the doors:

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Window works fine, every other door function works fine except for the door lock, also tried unhooking the door connector and looking at the pins, everything appears fine and still doesn't work.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Window works fine, every other door function works fine except for the door lock, also tried unhooking the door connector and looking at the pins, everything appears fine and still doesn't work.
Try pressing down all the fuses. They typically aren’t seated very well.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Might be a bad lock switch

OP
OP

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried pressing down of the fuses, didn't work and it appears one fuse (F28) works all the door locks, also don't think it's the lock switch because that lock switch works all the other locks and the key fob won't lock the drivers door either.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Tried pressing down of the fuses, didn't work and it appears one fuse (F28) works all the door locks, also don't think it's the lock switch because that lock switch works all the other locks and the key fob won't lock the drivers door either.
Same symptom with both fobs?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same symptom with both fobs?
Yes, both fobs and door switches do not lock the drivers door, no sound from actuator at all.

OP
OP

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem got stranger today, the other 3 doors quit locking ! The dealer looked at it on my 2nd day of ownership and said the drivers door needed a new latch / actuator assembly and it was on back order, hard to believe all 4 are like that, seems like something electrical. I have another appointment tomorrow and the service manager is going to look at it.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
That’s a bummer. I hope it gets fixed quickly and correctly for you.

Jeff B.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
My driver's door lock isn't working properly either. It locks just fine with the fob and the key. The lock switch on the door handle on the inside doesn't move like it should. All of the other doors display the little lock symbol when they're locked, but the drivers door does not. It can't be manually locked or unlocked. It's as if the locking lever wasn't installed properly. I'm thinking about seeing if I can fix it myself without having to go back to the dealer yet again.

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
All of my power locks went out as well. Recently I've changed my halogen head lights and fender lights to LED. My locks were fine after the install, but now they will not lock via remote or door switch. Not sure what's going on...
Sponsored