Driver's door noise

1. Scott D Hall

Scott D Hall Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250
    Liked:
    Has anyone had a noise from the driver's door that sounds like squeaking? It isn't wind noise. It is more like Styrofoam. I know that sounds weird, but I don't know if it is something on the top that is hitting against the frame, but it is slightly annoying. Usually, just turn to tunes up! LOL, but still didn't know if anyone has had this.

2. JeepCares

JeepCares Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JL
    Liked:
    Hi Scott,
    We understand why this may be frustrating. If you decide to have this addressed by your dealer, we'd be happy to offer additional assistance if needed. Feel free to send us a private message.
    Alex
    Jeep Cares

3. OP
    OP
    Scott D Hall

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250
    Liked:
    Thank you, yes I would like to have this addressed when I take it in for the first service. I have noticed that it ONLY happens in the afternoon when it is HOT.

4. DOCXKT

DOCXKT Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
    Liked:
    Same issue here can’t seem to figure out where it’s coming from!

Scott D Hall likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Scott D Hall

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I am going to keep looking/experimenting, if I find out I will let you know!

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubi
    Liked:
    Try greasing the latch assembly and see if it quiets down.

7. chadc880

chadc880 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    The inner door sub frame made out of steel is bonded to the aluminum door skin. There is a escalating problem that is going to snow ball like no tomorrow. The bond is failing and the entire sub frame has come unglued from the frame. While the dealers are attempting to replace the door check to fix the problem, the only true fix is replacing the entire door and painting to match your Jeep or find someone who can rebond the two metals together. Which has not been done yet. And it only will get worse. First the drivers door then all of the doors.

Watch till the end.