Sponsored

Driver side mirror does not adjust far enough out to cover blind spot.

Nick7

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport
I just switched from a 2020 wrangler sport to a 2020 wrangler unlimited sport s. The manual mirrors on the sport had no issues but now the sport s electric mirrors, particularly on the driver side, do not move far enough out left to cover the blind spot. Has anybody else had this issue and or have any solution aside from adding a blind spot mirror?
Sponsored

Loccusst

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I noticed this as well when I purchased my Jeep. If you try to make it go out further it just tries to move upwards instead. I have just learned to lean towards the passenger a bit.

OP
OP

Nick7

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport
I noticed this as well when I purchased my Jeep. If you try to make it go out further it just tries to move upwards instead. I have just learned to lean towards the passenger a bit.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing too, a little annoying but better then smashing into someone.

Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Wow i thought i was crazy/the only one lol. The future mrs hates how i position my mirrors because of how i position them.

I have noticed that if you don't angle it up as much first it can go out a bit more. It's not the worst but not as good as how i can position the passenger side

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I gotta ask..
Why would you lean towards the passenger to see out of the mirror more......
and not just turn your neck and look out the window?đź‘€

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I just switched from a 2020 wrangler sport to a 2020 wrangler unlimited sport s. The manual mirrors on the sport had no issues but now the sport s electric mirrors, particularly on the driver side, do not move far enough out left to cover the blind spot. Has anybody else had this issue and or have any solution aside from adding a blind spot mirror?
Blind spot cameras coupled with the Heigh10 Receiver…

https://stingeroffroad.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-jt-blind-spot-side-view-camera-kit

OP
OP

Nick7

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport
I gotta ask..
Why would you lean towards the passenger to see out of the mirror more......
and not just turn your neck and look out the window?đź‘€
Realistically because you aren’t completely removing your focus off of what’s in front of you for as long as when you have to basically turn your whole body and neck to see what the mirror would normally cover

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nick7

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport
Wow i thought i was crazy/the only one lol. The future mrs hates how i position my mirrors because of how i position them.

I have noticed that if you don't angle it up as much first it can go out a bit more. It's not the worst but not as good as how i can position the passenger side
Haha I’m glad I’m getting replies of the same problem, I thought I was crazy at first

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If it could be eliminated via mirror adjustment, it isn't a "blind spot".

OP
OP

Nick7

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport
If it could be eliminated via mirror adjustment, it isn't a "blind spot".
ok well that’s a bit pedantic, most cars have the ability to adjust the mirrors in a way that almost entirely removes any “blind spots”, although most people do not set their mirrors that way, the point of this was the mirror can not be adjusted in a way to at best minimize that blind spot compared to other manual jeep mirrors.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
ok well that’s a bit pedantic, most cars have the ability to adjust the mirrors in a way that almost entirely removes any “blind spots”, although most people do not set their mirrors that way, the point of this was the mirror can not be adjusted in a way to at best minimize that blind spot compared to other manual jeep mirrors.
Problem solved.

truck-towning-mirrors.jpeg