Driver Seat Height Adjustment

Scopedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
I made a 1/4" hole in the trim and inserted a 1/4" x 1-1/4" quick release hitch pin (AKA 'cotterless hitch pin' from local Home Depot) to prevent the handle from moving down. Could this possibly interfere with the seat-mounted airbag?

20230815_191636.jpg
I always keep my driver's seat at the highest position.

These are the two explanations for the driver's seat height downward retraction:

1. The weight of the lever causes the seat to move down on it's own.
2. The lever is pressed down by the thigh when entering or exiting the vehicle.

I've had the hitch pin installed for a month and these are my observations. If explanation 1 is true this solution should solve it. I started checking my seat height every time I enter the vehicle and I noticed that I have to lift it one increment about once a week (it used to be almost every day and often more than one increment). I believe explanation 2 is true because I've observed that the entire plastic enclosure is able to shift down slightly even with the pin installed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fvrdfshrmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
I know now that mine is due to sliding out. The jeep is lifted and I don't have side steps yet. Wife and I are 50+ years old and she has a difficult time getting in and out. Yesterday found that her last slide out may have broken the lever mechanism inside the plastic shroud. That air bag label has got me shook. Afraid this might be an expensive repair.

fvrdfshrmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Had anybody ever heard or know of anyone replacing a broken seat adjustment? Mine is not working any longer. Did the usual YT search and now I'm here looking for clues.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Is it possible that you're bumping the lever when sliding out?
This was my issue. I haven't seen anything, but maybe a 3d printed thing you can jam in there to prevent the lever from being pushed? You know, kind of like the thing you can jam in an airline seat to prevent the person in front of you from reclining?

fvrdfshrmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
I have had back and forth with Mopar parts on how to repair the riser mechanism. They gave me a handle part number. My issue is not just the handle. The handle is fine and the spring cam underneath rotates fine. Seems that what ever the springs attach to inside the frame is no longer connected. I asked for a exploded view of the base frame. None available. Basically buy the whole base or nothing. Part is not super expensive but replacing that whole seat base is quite a challenge I think. Plus there is an airbag involved somewhere. Of coarse my Jeep is a few months out of warranty. 22.5K miles by the way.
Sponsored