Driver Info Display vanishing...

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I've got a 2018 JLU Sahara, and have been having issues where the "driver info display" go's blank when I start my vehicle. This happens 70-80% of the time when I start my vehicle. I've learned to toggle up/down on the stearing wheel buttons to get the screen back... but it's a pain as the only thing that will show up is the "gear position". The mileage indicator does not show up, nor does anything above the "gear position" no matter what screen options I'm trying to initially display.

As expected, the one time I took it into Jeep for service, I could not get it to fail. The service person said they've never heard of this issue, and asked me to send in pic's, which I did... still nothing back.

Anyone else experienced this issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gsyoung

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I've got a 2018 JLU Sahara, and have been having issues where the "driver info display" go's blank when I start my vehicle. This happens 70-80% of the time when I start my vehicle. I've learned to toggle up/down on the stearing wheel buttons to get the screen back... but it's a pain as the only thing that will show up is the "gear position". The mileage indicator does not show up, nor does anything above the "gear position" no matter what screen options I'm trying to initially display.

As expected, the one time I took it into Jeep for service, I could not get it to fail. The service person said they've never heard of this issue, and asked me to send in pic's, which I did... still nothing back.

Anyone else experienced this issue?
I did not get any replies to this post... but I was able to finally get this issue resolved. I'm posting this as a FYI to anyone else that finds themselves with this issue... hopefully my post will help you resolve your issue as well. As it turns out, after taking my Jeep in for the 3rd time, explaining the issue, and even showing pic's of where the display is not working correctly... a technician has apparently resolved this issue. The technician said that in checking the way my 2018 JL was programs, he noticed that somehow some of the settings were config'ed for a "manual transmission", even though my jeep is an automatic. Anyway, he didn't say specifically what settings were changed, but I have not seen the issue since that adjustment... two months ago. Weird, I know... but just in case anyone else experiences an issue like this... you're welcome!