Driver door squeaking like CRAZY need help

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
So the squeaking is really getting annoying. It used to be only squeak when offroading and now it's squeaking in mall parking lot. I have tried to lube the rubber seal with lithium and even $50 PFPE/PTFE grease with no result. It's only the inside driver door,disappears if i open the door or take the door off.......Any help? really appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
supermike

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
ok fixed. Loose the two bolt holding the door jam and knock it inward about 1 mm. Door is kind of hard to shut but the squeaking is gone. Should have done this 2 years ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Driver door squeaking like CRAZY need help 14F59576-F883-416E-A2F9-93774FC778F0

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@supermike

I saw you first post yesterday and could not figure out by your description what was squeaking. I thought it may be inner door related. I know the driver's side armrest squeaked when I put my elbow on it for about 6 months and then it just stopped the squeaking..

Anyway, many JL owner's experience that same type squeak and slight clunk noise with their JL but in regard to the tail gate and it's latch. To remedy that you do the same as you did.... loosen and slightly move the latch. Also, tail gate gasket can squeak and that is remedied with lubricant application.

You are the first here that I have seen post that a forward door had such an issue. Glad you got it fixed.. IF, the door is still feels a tad hard to close, then keep tweaking that latch move til you get no squeak and less hard to close..
Sponsored