Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yes. That's obvious. Someone earlier had said that maybe they should charge separately.
Bobby, what's obvious, at least to someone clued into parallel and serial connections at least, is how the batteries could charge as I described if they were parallel.

What isn't obvious, at least from this thread, and that I can see in this thread prior (maybe I missed it,) is the fact that the batteries are in parallel on the 3.6L when the rig is at rest (and at most but not all other times----another post and already covered.)

(Still more it seems the logic FCA uses to connect and disconnect the batteries may have changed since the 3.6L JL's introduction--again another already covered post.)

I responded to your original post here because I wanted people to understand that there's nothing about the brand of battery charger you referenced (Batteryminder) that makes this happen, but rather the nature of the electronic connects built into the rig, i.e. another charger will do.

..not that I have anything bad to say about this brand--I'm glad you like it.

To my read--maybe off base and no offense--that wasn't initially made clear by you or others.

Peace.
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I subscribe to the "drive your Jeep to prevent death from excessive bordom" camp.
Sponsored