First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Just got my Bulletproof mount for my cellphone this morning. Very happy with it, the thing is solid metal and carbonfiber, not cheap plastic like my previous mount. But, my OCD is kicking in.... I don't want to have wires hanging down in front of the stereo and heater controls from the phone to plug into the USB outlet. I use Waze all the time and it sucks the battery dry really quickly. So, I got a double port USB plug that I'm going to wire in to an ignition power circuit and mount it hidden up under the dash. I'm going to snake my dashcam wire to it to plug in and I want to do the same with the phone. I'm looking at drilling a hole in the left side of the dash tray under where the Bulletproof mount is to run my phone cable through. Before I rip the dash apart to look I figured I'd take the lazy way out and see if anyone else knows what's under that small triangular section of the dash tray on the driver's side. If there's nothing there then I can just drill the hole and snake the wire through. Photos would be great if anyone has any. Thanks
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Take the radio out and have a look. Takes all of 10 minutes and you'll need to do it anyhow to run the wire. The only obvious obstructions I recall are vent plumbing and the radio itself.

Mikiejag

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding, 2020 JL Black and tan
You are good as long as you stay within the tray out line, but you will end up pulling the radio out for wires.
The vent is from the windshield to about and inch or two in, the radio fits pretty much up until the drop on the dash tray. I pulled the radio, cut the rubber and drilled out the dash tray area. While you are there, you can run the power to the back of the lighter.
Sponsored