First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Another option I did not get, but felt I would need is towing. I opted to the replace the factory rear steel bumper, since it tends to move into the body. Again, I went with Rock Slide Engineering. They do a fantastic job with, well, engineering their parts. Integrated hitch receiver, tucked up real nice and tight too. As well as recovery points. Only thing I wish it had, was a provision for the 7 pin and 4 pin builtin somewhere. Hadn't done this wiring yet in this picture. But I do get there.

It has not license plate mount, so I had to add Rusty's License plate mount to my Rusty's tire carrier. Went with license plate bolt lights to keep the police happy. Rusty's also makes fantastic products. Super pleased.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dream Jeep Build - Bikini Pearl 4_New_Rear_Bumper
Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
I had to update my amateur radio to get some dual watch, or being able to hear two channels at the same time. When we do trail rides, we do an admin channel, and a regular channel.

Sticking with Yaesu, because I like their stuff, and we have a few Yaseu dgitial repeaters around here with great coverage. I've added to my 67 designs mounts. As well as a CMM handle bar ball. Still working on where I want it to be. Unfortunately, they face was too big for my previous mount that tucked it up above the rear view mirror.

Here are some options I am working with.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dream Jeep Build - Bikini Pearl 6_Ham_Radio_Change

Jeep Wrangler JL Dream Jeep Build - Bikini Pearl 20210306_141749

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Next up we was a new front bumper from Rock Slide Engineering. I like the factory one, and the stubby look. But, as we all know, the stamped steel is not so long lasting.

This bumper has a great look. High line at the bumper ends. Has recovery points, factory fog provisions, and winch plate built in. Tucks the winch super low as well. I did not initially get the extra skid for the swaybar disconnect, but it is on order.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dream Jeep Build - Bikini Pearl 20210306_141749
Looks great :like: The RSE components are really well made!

I did an 'Inside the Industry' video on them...super impressed with the whole operation.

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks great :like: The RSE components are really well made!

I did an 'Inside the Industry' video on them...super impressed with the whole operation.

-Steven

I watched that vid. Thanks for doing it! I definitely appreciate what they do. And supporting US businesses is never a bad thing.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I watched that vid. Thanks for doing it! I definitely appreciate what they do. And supporting US businesses is never a bad thing.
Hey, really appreciate the support on the channel!

Totally agree, I'm down with supporting US businesses whenever possible. I also like that the whole crew at RSE are Jeepers, they get it!

-Steven

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Got my iPad RAM mount holder installed. Still working on placement of other stuff. I believe I am going to use a 67 Designs ball mount up behind, and to the left of the rear view mirror. Then us a nano arm. Which would put the radio face just above and forward of the rear view mirror. The face is too large to just mount it using the bracket it came with. Then maybe using the handle bar mount for my CB. Currently the CB rests in a cup holder when I actually hook it up.

It's tough fitting in all this stuff! At least without it looking terrible. Once I have permanent placement, I will hide wires as much as possible.

20210315_164730.jpg

20210315_171947.jpg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Still working on placement of the tech. Went with installing USB ports in the dash cubby. One is wired to the port in the center console for Android Auto/CarPlay. The other is wired to just power. Love the less wires running around.

55B1C1F5-7C26-467B-91D8-40249A5C3903.jpeg

B4537780-79BB-417F-BBCA-9A8BBCB6E4D2.jpeg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Next up was moving the radio face to a better location. Back up above the rear view mirror. This one wouldn’t fit my previous solution. This time installed a 67 designs ball just offset behind the rear view mirror. Mini arm. Seems stable. And more out of the way.

This opens up mounting my CBmic beside the ham radio mic. At this point, I have given 67 designs way too much money, lol.

DA60F448-D698-4C83-AA72-E00F35CC90D9.jpeg

8BEE3E96-ED78-41E6-8387-180BBA22D861.jpeg
Sponsored