Sponsored

drain in rubber floor mats?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I came back from a trip and was cleaning the inside- I saw online that you could pull the plug in the floormats and hose off the mats. Well my mats have the hole but didn't have a plug, I pulled the mats out and the carpet is continuous under the mats. So any dust on the mats just goes through the hole to the carpet. Is this normal for a 2018 Sport?
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
The plug is on the floor under the carpet. Look for semi cut holes in the carpet, and complete the cut. There you’ll find the plugs.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Floor Mats installed improperly!

Go Jeep!!!

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Floor Mats installed improperly!

Go Jeep!!!
Jeep won’t pull the floor pan plugs from the factory in order to install these. They’re just placed on top so it’s up to the customer. Sometimes dealers will do it before you pick it up, but many don’t because it’s not a water tight seal.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I came back from a trip and was cleaning the inside- I saw online that you could pull the plug in the floormats and hose off the mats. Well my mats have the hole but didn't have a plug, I pulled the mats out and the carpet is continuous under the mats. So any dust on the mats just goes through the hole to the carpet. Is this normal for a 2018 Sport?

It is normal. If you do not want to use the drain, you can buy 2 more plugs and just plug up the holes in the rubber floor mats. This will prevent debris from going through the holes in the rubber mat onto the carpet.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
WeatherTech FloorLiners without plugs are another solution to OEM mats without plugs/OEM mats that are not watertight...

I got the OEM mats in my configuration, didn't like them, bought WeatherTech. Never looked back. The essentially unused OEM mats will go back in the vehicle when it's time for trade or sale.

https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-unlimited/

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It is normal. If you do not want to use the drain, you can buy 2 more plugs and just plug up the holes in the rubber floor mats. This will prevent debris from going through the holes in the rubber mat onto the carpet.
If you choose to buy 2 more rubber plugs, walk into any Jeep parts department and it's part # 6819 4821 AA. They come in packs of 4 for like $5.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I've had mine in since 2018 and they are watertight! Long as bottom of plug is seat around the floor pan under the carpet they shouldn't leak. Lotsa tries to get it right then check under Jeep to see that they have seated.

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored