Sponsored

Dr. Colorchip

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Anyone have an opinion on this product. I have a 2020 Bikini Pearl Rubi and purchased the Mopar Paint Pen. It works well but after seeing a video on Dr. Colorchip it looks far easier and room for less error with the wipe off chemical. Thanks
Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Anyone have an opinion on this product. I have a 2020 Bikini Pearl Rubi and purchased the Mopar Paint Pen. It works well but after seeing a video on Dr. Colorchip it looks far easier and room for less error with the wipe off chemical. Thanks
I have not used the Dr. colorchip product on my 2020 JLUS (firecracker Red) but I did use it on my 2016 BMW (dark metallic blue). I didn't take before/after pictures but the product worked great and was easy to apply. Paint match was exact. I'll probably use it every couple of years for routine road rash & hood chips on all our vehicles. For $60-$70 bucks, definitely worth it, especially for darker paint colors that show chips more clearly.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I have not used the Dr. colorchip product on my 2020 JLUS (firecracker Red) but I did use it on my 2016 BMW (dark metallic blue). I didn't take before/after pictures but the product worked great and was easy to apply. Paint match was exact. I'll probably use it every couple of years for routine road rash & hood chips on all our vehicles. For $60-$70 bucks, definitely worth it, especially for darker paint colors that show chips more clearly.
Appreciate the review. I was skeptical when I watched the video of how the overpaint was removed but it seems from what I’m reading it’s kinda idiot proof which is what I need :)

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
just used it on wife's car yesterday. works quite well.
Good to hear.. I got the Mopar touch up pen. Tried it and I ended up putting to much on the chip area. Then I opened the ClearCoat side upside down and I have to say that stuff does not clean up well. Needless to say, this kit and system seems incredibly simple.

Sponsored

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Good to hear.. I got the Mopar touch up pen. Tried it and I ended up putting to much on the chip area. Then I opened the ClearCoat side upside down and I have to say that stuff does not clean up well. Needless to say, this kit and system seems incredibly simple.
It is simple - my advice is to over-build the area you're touching up and then rub it down with step 2. the "smear" technique they advertise doesnt fill chips in as well as their videos show (which is somehow probably due to my technique).

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
I used this on a 2017 Mustang (lightning blue) and I thought the product was pretty great. I had some chips to the bare metal and it was really, really easy to reduce them. Was it like repainting the whole area? No. But it was really good and worth the price and my labor.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I used this on a 2017 Mustang (lightning blue) and I thought the product was pretty great. I had some chips to the bare metal and it was really, really easy to reduce them. Was it like repainting the whole area? No. But it was really good and worth the price and my labor.
Right.. I think one has to be realistic in correcting a paint chip 100%.. it seems for what it’s designed to do( ease of use and protect from future rust) its not all that bad. I really like the idea that you can’t really mess up as you can remove any over application.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Right.. I think one has to be realistic in correcting a paint chip 100%.. it seems for what it’s designed to do( ease of use and protect from future rust) its not all that bad. I really like the idea that you can’t really mess up as you can remove any over application.
That’s exactly right. The real advances are in application and being able to evenly fill stuff in with their method/system.
Sponsored