Sponsored

Downsides to cancelling order?

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 59498

Anyone ever cancelled? Does the dealer get pissed and harder to work with? Just wonder if there is a good way to go about it to order a better deal?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Anyone ever cancelled? Does the dealer get pissed and harder to work with? Just wonder if there is a good way to go about it to order a bet deal?
I was upfront with my dealer saying that I am not 100% set on this color yet, but I wanted to get my order in just incase no new colors are released.
If there was a new color by the time I received my Jeep that I liked more, they told me they will just place a new order and end up selling the old order on their lot instead.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
my dealer required a $1000 deposit if I change my mind or canceled on them. I think it was mainly so I don't change my mind on options.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
my dealer had no deposit requirements (which I found odd) so I really didn't have money on my Jeep until I signed on the dotted line.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Ah yeah I gave 500 deposit for mine, But @Frostbyte gave me a lead on another dealer that offered a Rubicon over Willys for about 500 more for a Rubicon over the willys. Same things only thing I would have to add is say LED lights. So lets just say another 1500 over the Willys.

I guess I am too soft and should just end the Willys order and go for the other dealer. Just salesmen has been really cool so hate to just cancel on him. I just hate breaking a promise to buy. Weird I know but just bothers me. haha

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Ah yeah I gave 500 deposit for mine, But @Frostbyte gave me a lead on another dealer that offered a Rubicon over Willys for about 500 more for a Rubicon over the willys. Same things only thing I would have to add is say LED lights. So lets just say another 1500 over the Willys.

I guess I am too soft and should just end the Willys order and go for the other dealer. Just salesmen has been really cool so hate to just cancel on him. I just hate breaking a promise to buy. Weird I know but just bothers me. haha
You talk to Mr. King and work a deal?

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

You talk to Mr. King and work a deal?
I did and he is awesome. Unfortunate that Anchorage is total assholes. The other dealer I will not name. I figured they were managed by the same.

Thanks for the heads up.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did and he is awesome. Unfortunate that Anchorage is total assholes. The other dealer I will not name.
What's going on with the Anchorage dealerships? And what exactly did you order with Mr. King?

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

What's going on with the Anchorage dealerships? And what exactly did you order with Mr. King?
Rubi diesel, hard top, cold weather, head liner, remote start, convenience package etc. 52k. Current order 51.9k Willys.

Estimate on trade in 50k.

With the Anchorage dealer would not order for me tried to sell me a used 4xe. Would not talk about ordering.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Crazy world. But he was the only one to give me a honest trade in number. Give or take.

The Rubicon also comes with some nice 2000 dollar add on love like 8.4 radio etc.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi diesel, hard top, cold weather, head liner, remote start, convenience package etc. 52k. Current order 51.9k Willys.

Estimate on trade in 50k.

With the Anchorage dealer would not order for me tried to sell me a used 4xe. Would not talk about ordering.
Right on! James is a straight shooting awesome dude. I'm glad I was able to point him out to you.

Damn...getting a Rubi for about the same price as a Willys...phenomenal! :rock:

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

I like him he gave the low down on cancelling an order and said he would not give any advice on cancelling an order because it can hurt a dealership. That he had no advice and would have nothing to do with it. He said that some during the pandemic made fake orders and Jeep dropped the hammer on them and they get thier allocation reduced by 35% of their orders.

So I guess I will lose my deposit which I feel is ok I made the deal lose it. I would just rather deal with him because he was worth talking to him in email a breath of fresh air. Just need to cancel and take the hit.

I give him 100 kudos for being honest about his other dealers maybe taking a hit and having nothing to do with it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Right on! James is a straight shooting awesome dude. I'm glad I was able to point him out to you.

Damn...getting a Rubi for about the same price as a Willys...phenomenal! :rock:
Well worth losing 500 deposit and not even sure they will take it but hell. Locking diffs are worth 500 alone :)

Plus just talking to him was a breath of fresh air as far as dealers go. Thanks for the referral.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like him he gave the low down on cancelling an order and said he would not give any advice on cancelling an order because it can hurt a dealership. That he had no advice and would have nothing to do with it. He said that some during the pandemic made fake orders and Jeep dropped the hammer on them and they get thier allocation reduced by 35% of their orders.

So I guess I will lose my deposit which I feel is ok I made the deal lose it. I would just rather deal with him because he was worth talking to him in email a breath of fresh air. Just need to cancel and take the hit.

I give him 100 kudos for being honest about his other dealers maybe taking a hit and having nothing to do with it.
Yeah...dealerships may get spanked when people cancel, but, it's going to be a more common occurrence. Because of all of this Whu-Flu and chip shortage crap, car buying is going to be forever changed. Manufacturers will allot fewer cars, thus forcing dealerships to place more and more orders. Seeing hundreds of new vehicles on the lot is a thing of the past (except for the huge market dealerships).
Sponsored