Downpayment?

FritzBrothers

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
does anyone have an idea on getting the down payment back this build lag is horrible, I am looking for settling for something else. Mine does look like it will be here til September
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
does anyone have an idea on getting the down payment back this build lag is horrible, I am looking for settling for something else. Mine does look like it will be here til September
The way car lots in our area look, you’re likely to have your jeep before we have any new cars on the lots.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It depends on what kind of contract you signed. Laws for deposits are governed by State so each State is different. In many States it is not legal to keep a deposit. Did you pay the down payment with a credit card? You might have recourse through the credit card company if you did.

I would think the dealer would refund a deposit if they did not start the production process.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I gave my dealer only $500 deposit for my order....I thought about just giving them the whole 3k I have down payment but I realize I might not get the jeep for whatever crazy reason and if I have to loose a.deposit if I walk at least its inky $500....Im willing to wait till October 1 before I want out....that puts me at 3 months wait...fingers crossed

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have ordered quite a few cars in my time. 90% of the time I gave a $100 deposit. A couple of times $500. Never more. They never even ran the charge for the deposit in many cases. All were on a credit card and all were verified refundable.

I would usually never do business with a dealer unless the deposit is refundable. Gupton might be the only exception. They are upfront and transparent about it. I do need to ask them how they would handle the refund if the Jeep arrived damaged or defective? Would they refund the deposit under those circumstances?

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
$500 deposit here. No contract. Paid by CC. Must refund in state of NC.
Is that true, though? As far as I understand it, in NC, as long as it was stated to be non-refundable from the outset, it's non-refundable unless the other party breaches the contract in some way...
Sponsored