Sponsored

Downgrade to halogen housings to acquire yellow fogs?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I just picked up a 2020 JLUR for a steel. It came with the halogen head fog and tails, which raises a question about the factory LED fog lights. Looking at various pictures on the Internet for the LED fog lights, there is not actually a bulb that gets replaced, but it appears to be a single sealed unit. Is this actually the case?.
Are there factory, yellow LED fog lights for the wrangler, or am I going to have to download to halogen housings to be able to use and Amber or yellow fog light bulb?
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
you can buy yellow LED fogs for whatever bumper you have . there are a few brands that are vendors here that sell them. you would just need to verify which bumper you have so you get the right mounting brackets

EDIT: here are an example of Baja Designs ones (first pic i found)
Jeep Wrangler JL Downgrade to halogen housings to acquire yellow fogs? download

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I know it doesn't answer your question but I have the Baja Designs amber fog lights as well. And I have them wired to be daytime running lights and love them. definitely consideration if you want to go that route.
Jeep Wrangler JL Downgrade to halogen housings to acquire yellow fogs? PXL_20201212_230541681
Jeep Wrangler JL Downgrade to halogen housings to acquire yellow fogs? PXL_20201212_201732813

Dude3320

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep rubicon unlimited
You can get decals that go over the fog lights and it turns it yellow had some on a car once. Works great looked great

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I just picked up a 2020 JLUR for a steel. It came with the halogen head fog and tails, which raises a question about the factory LED fog lights. Looking at various pictures on the Internet for the LED fog lights, there is not actually a bulb that gets replaced, but it appears to be a single sealed unit. Is this actually the case?.
Are there factory, yellow LED fog lights for the wrangler, or am I going to have to download to halogen housings to be able to use and Amber or yellow fog light bulb?
Yes, the factory LED fog is a sealed unit. No OEM yellow options as far as I know.
I have a yellow film over my halogen fogs and am satisfied with it (once they were properly aimed, way off from the factory).

Sponsored

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
I added the LAMIN X yellow film to the OEM LED fog lights and have been quite happy with that setup considering the price.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I added the LAMIN X yellow film to the OEM LED fog lights and have been quite happy with that setup considering the price.

How has the light output been impacted?

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer

Sponsored

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
My two cents if you plan on getting a aftermarket brand diode dynamic have some pretty nice yellow fogs. That what I use in my steel bumper.
Sponsored