Sponsored

Doors off radio and ignition light still on.

terrywhitejr2000

First Name
Twhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl
Hello all, I have a 2018 wrangler jl with a insane audio jl 3001 head unit. Today, for the first time I took the doors off and noticed that the radio didnt turn off after 30 seconds. I also noticed that the ignition switch is still illuminated and shows off. Normally this would all just turn off, is there some secret switch I am missing?
EDIT:
I should also add, I only took two doors off (front) not sure if that makes a difference or not. I also opened the tailgate and both back doors and the ignition switch is still illuminated.
Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, I have a 2018 wrangler jl with a insane audio jl 3001 head unit. Today, for the first time I took the doors off and noticed that the radio didnt turn off after 30 seconds. I also noticed that the ignition switch is still illuminated and shows off. Normally this would all just turn off, is there some secret switch I am missing?
EDIT:
I should also add, I only took two doors off (front) not sure if that makes a difference or not. I also opened the tailgate and both back doors and the ignition switch is still illuminated.
Thanks for any help!
I believe there's a timeout adjustment in the console settings somewhere. I can't remember where exactly, it may be the steering wheel settings menu. I'll look in a bit to confirm it.

OP
OP
terrywhitejr2000

terrywhitejr2000

First Name
Twhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl
Awesome thanks! I went through and I didn’t see anything but I welcome any pointers you may provide!
Sponsored