Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that camera is great for blind spot monitoring. The tazer actually has a feature called TurnCam that turns on the back up camera whenever you turn on a blinker! That alone almost makes it worth purchasing in my opinion.
Does the tazer only work when the doors are off or is that a permanent feature even when the doors are on and you use the blinker? I would like to keep using the camera as an extra view, so that function of the tazer seems great.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Does the tazer only work when the doors are off or is that a permanent feature even when the doors are on and you use the blinker? I would like to keep using the camera as an extra view, so that function of the tazer seems great.
It’s a “live” feature, meaning that with the Tazer plugged in you can toggle it on or off via the EVIC control buttons. Very handy.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Rubi-Zero; like @OldGuyNewJeep said...it’s a live feature so as long as you leave the tazer plugged in, you can use this feature no matter what you do with the doors. I think it’s a great idea and really don’t see why it wasn’t that way from factory.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here are the vehicle mirror laws for all 50 states: reddit.com/r/Jeep/comments/6ajc7g/mirror_laws_for_all_50_states/ Examples below.

Alabama:

Side mirrors not required. Minimum of one mirror. This can be the mirror on the windshield or one of the side mirrors. Must be able to see at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
Reference Alabama Code Title 32 chapter 5 Article 9 Division 1 Code 214 - § 32-5-214

Alaska:

Left side mirror required and either a center mirror or right side mirror. If view from the center mirror is obstructed then the vehicle must have a right side mirror. Mirrors must be maintained and in good condition.
Reference Alaska Administrative Code Title 13 Chapter 4 Article 4 Code 220 - 13 AAC 04.220.Mirrors

Arizona:

Side mirrors are only required if the view from the center mirror is obstructed. Mirrors must have a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
Reference Arizona Revised Statutes Title 28 Chapter 3 Article 16 Code 956 - ARS 28-956

Arkansas:

Side mirrors are only required if the view from the center mirror is obstructed. Mirrors must have a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
Reference Arkansas Code Title 27 Subtitle 3 Chapter 37 Subchapter 3 - § 27-37-305

California:

If the vehicle is registered in this state then left side mirror is required and either a center mirror or right side mirror. If view from the center mirror is obstructed (this does not include passengers) then the vehicle must have a right side mirror. Mirrors must have a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not registered in this state then side mirrors are not required as long as the center mirror has a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
Reference California Vehicle Code Division 12 Chapter 4 Code 26709

Colorado:

Side mirrors are required if vehicle is not equipped with rear window and rear side windows (sounds like this part was made specifically because of jeeps) or if the view from the center mirror is obstructed. Mirrors must have a view of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
Reference Model Traffic Code for Colorado Part 2 Section 226

Connecticut:

Side mirrors are not required. Operator must have a clear view directly behind the vehicle or on a line parallel to the left side of the body. This means that if the center mirror is obstructed then a left side mirror is required. You can have either a left side mirror or center mirror. If you have a left side mirror then a center mirror is not required. Right side mirror is not required at any time.
Reference General Statutes of Connecticut Volume 5 Title 14 Chapter 246 Section 14-99

Delaware:

Side mirrors not required. Vehicle must have one mirror that a driver can use to detect any vehicle traveling in the same direction and overtaking the driver's vehicle.
Reference Delaware Code Title 21 Chapter 43 Subchapter 1 Code 4309 - § 4309

Florida:

Reference Florida Statutes Title XXIII Chapter 316 Code 294

Georgia:

Reference Georgia Code Title 40 Chapter 8 Article 1 Part 4 Code 72 - § 40-8-72

Hawaii:

Reference Hawaii Revised Ordinances of Honolulu Chapter 15 Article 19 Section 15 Code 19.29 - ROH 15-19.29

Idaho:

Reference Idaho Statutes Title 49 Chapter 9 Code 940 - § 49-940

For the rest, visit reddit.com/r/Jeep/comments/6ajc7g/mirror_laws_for_all_50_states/

sadass

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98. 5.9 ZJ 7"LA's F/R locked 2000 WJ DD
Occupation
Semi-Conductor Equipment Tech.
Vehicle Showcase
I took my doors off way before I had a plan for a mirror. Lucky for me, My Sons and I are into riding Dual sport Motorcycles so I have a lot of old parts around after upgrades. Mirrors were one of the parts I found that works well on the JL when the door is off. The threaded rod end of the mirror that mounts on the handle bar seem to fit in the Jeep door hinge holes perfectly for me. just put what use to be the jam nut on the bike back on the the bottom of the hinge with a washer and you are set. you have a mirror that allows for adjustment and stands up to the wind without the vibration. I know most people ditch at least one of there mirrors on the duel sport bikes, and many replace with upgrades. the OEM ones should work great if you or a friend has one laying around. My Bike matches my Jeep color pretty well and its not a Honda.

Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
So everytime I drive without the doors on, it drives me crazy to do so without side mirrors. I have been looking for a set that I like, and for one that doesn’t vibrate so much, so I may end up fabricating my own bracket in the near future, but for now this is what I’m using.

since I don’t have any side mirrors on at the moment, I got the idea to use the rear view camera in place of the side mirrors for the time being. I moved the camera icon down the the quick access bar on the bottom of the infotainment screen and when I need it, I just reach over a press it on the screen and bam I have a wide view angle of everything I need to see.

I was skeptical of how much it didn’t show me so I tried this again once I was stopped at a traffic light with lots of cars around me and it gave me a very good idea of where the cars were inrelation to what I was seeing on the screen. Not a bad solution for now. For me this was a relief now that I have something for now to help me change lanes with. The rear view camera actually works very well for this, because of the wide angle view it gives.

Thought I would share just incase anyone is in the same boat as I am wanting to drive without the doors but have no side mirrors.
With the Tazer, there is an option to have the rear view camera come on any time a turn signal is on. It helps with lane changes. But for doors off use I’m looking at CMM Offroad mirrors. Can’t vouch for them yet, I’m hoping Santa will bring them, then I’ll get to use them come spring.
Sponsored