Sponsored

Doors Off Mirror Options (EMP or Mopar?)

Marc3

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hey Gang. Looking at getting a doors off mirror kit. I really don't like the look of most of them which remind me of a 1970's pick-up truck. (those with a large rectangle and triangular bracket). I have also heard that many of the inexpensive mirrors tend to bounce or vibrate in the wind. I am OK with paying a big premium if it is a quality item.

I noticed that Mopar released a Doors off mirror kit -of course, it's a bit pricey at $295MSRP or about $235 from many online retailers. Saw a thread that had some pics of the kit. Thank you.

I also found these from EMP - they looked incredibly well built, functional and well priced given the construction. $159.

https://extrememetalproducts.com/i-...-off-road-mirrors-door-less-applications.html

Does anyone have a pair of these? IF so, what is your opinion? Any reviews of either the Mopar kit or the EMP one beyond their own short video?

I know many like the CMM mirrors but they are pretty expensive and seem pretty small. Also, a nice idea to leverage the "Oh $hit handles" but that seems like a high mount for the side mirrors?

My primary purpose is legal road driving with doors off. Not off road.

thanks
Marc
Sponsored

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I personally just ordered the CMM mirrors and hoping to have them in soon. Apparently, there's a way to install them a bit lower according to this post. I went with CMM because they're not super big and super tacky looking like a lot of the mirrors I looked at.

Mine came today. Definitely worth the wait. Now I can safely pull my doors off again.

C998C00E-984A-4CBC-8A8D-997DDAA5B8A0.jpeg

69AD503D-C571-4845-BDDC-BF2457E6F6F3.jpeg

3947D290-5897-452B-8BDA-E24EEE1E7F51.jpeg

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Gang. Looking at getting a doors off mirror kit. I really don't like the look of most of them which remind me of a 1970's pick-up truck. (those with a large rectangle and triangular bracket). I have also heard that many of the inexpensive mirrors tend to bounce or vibrate in the wind. I am OK with paying a big premium if it is a quality item.

I noticed that Mopar released a Doors off mirror kit -of course, it's a bit pricey at $295MSRP or about $235 from many online retailers. Saw a thread that had some pics of the kit. Thank you.

I also found these from EMP - they looked incredibly well built, functional and well priced given the construction. $159.

https://extrememetalproducts.com/i-...-off-road-mirrors-door-less-applications.html

Does anyone have a pair of these? IF so, what is your opinion? Any reviews of either the Mopar kit or the EMP one beyond their own short video?

I know many like the CMM mirrors but they are pretty expensive and seem pretty small. Also, a nice idea to leverage the "Oh $hit handles" but that seems like a high mount for the side mirrors?

My primary purpose is legal road driving with doors off. Not off road.

thanks
Marc
The EMP look cool. Do you know j ow how they install into that bolt? I don't find any install documentation on their website...

OP
OP

Marc3

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I emailed the company and asked for an install manual in PDF (acrobat). He says they don't have one which I found surprising. He said that you simply remove the bolt from the panel between the hood and a-pillar and the mirror just screws into that hole so it looks elegant. Prob better than bolting to the door mounts.

I am now wondering -looking at their website if you bought the Smack back buggy mirrors for the side/side off road ATVs, if they would hook up to our Jeep. The Jeep kit is $159. The buggy mirrors which appear to be identical are on sale for $99. They have different models of buggy mirrors but they all are the same except for the mount bracket. It would not surprise me that the price point is higher for the same product since it's a "Jeep" accessory. :)

Another tidbit -replacement mirror glass is $15 and it's the same glass for either side (L/R).

I might buy the $99 buggy mirror for kicks to see if I could save myself $60 LOL..

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I personally just ordered the CMM mirrors and hoping to have them in soon. Apparently, there's a way to install them a bit lower according to this post. I went with CMM because they're not super big and super tacky looking like a lot of the mirrors I looked at.
When you go to install them, they will tell you to install them on the top of each A pillar grab bar. Just swap sides, and install the passenger side on the drivers side and the drivers side on the passenger side, but install them on the bottom of the grab bar.

it’ll make sense once you have them, but that will put them in pretty much the same location as stock mirrors.

I have had the CMMs for a couple years and love them.

Sponsored

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
I emailed the company and asked for an install manual in PDF (acrobat). He says they don't have one which I found surprising. He said that you simply remove the bolt from the panel between the hood and a-pillar and the mirror just screws into that hole so it looks elegant. Prob better than bolting to the door mounts.

I am now wondering -looking at their website if you bought the Smack back buggy mirrors for the side/side off road ATVs, if they would hook up to our Jeep. The Jeep kit is $159. The buggy mirrors which appear to be identical are on sale for $99. They have different models of buggy mirrors but they all are the same except for the mount bracket. It would not surprise me that the price point is higher for the same product since it's a "Jeep" accessory. :)

Another tidbit -replacement mirror glass is $15 and it's the same glass for either side (L/R).
Keep us posted...they look good for $99.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@Marc3 - As @YippieKiYayMrFalcon stated, you can mount the CMM mirrors lower on the A pillar grab handle. I ran them last year up high but work requires me to have a dedicated work phone because of PHI and so I moved the mounts lower so I could use another RAM mount for my phone. I can take a pic for you this weekend if you’d like.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
I got my Kikbax last weekend and they are sweeet! Ive been running a single cheap golf cart mirror atttached to the cowl bolt the last couple years and an upgrade was way overdue. I like how they drop in place with no hardware to deal with and they are rock solid at 70+ mph. And having a place to rest your foot is a nice bonus

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I like the OEM style, so I went with them. Once we do it a few times, I expect it to only take a couple of minutes to install. The photos show the door off (driver side) compared to door on (passenger).
Jeep Wrangler JL Doors Off Mirror Options (EMP or Mopar?) D7A3A1AF-2FFF-46EB-AF5D-920A110E7667
Jeep Wrangler JL Doors Off Mirror Options (EMP or Mopar?) 68BB6979-9E38-4D38-AB22-8A0C76C22D6C
Jeep Wrangler JL Doors Off Mirror Options (EMP or Mopar?) 8170C4E6-40E7-412E-8955-A800C591D67A
Jeep Wrangler JL Doors Off Mirror Options (EMP or Mopar?) 60BDB0E3-B69B-49CD-AD0D-3C3E9C00E360

Sponsored

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Considering the CMM mirrors. I am confused as to what type of mount needed. Looked at the website and couldn't make a determination as to if the 1”or 20mm Ball OR Delete mount is needed. What are the differences?

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Considering the CMM mirrors. I am confused as to what type of mount needed. Looked at the website and couldn't make a determination as to if the 1”or 20mm Ball OR Delete mount is needed. What are the differences?
The ball mount is for mounting an additional accessory. The size of the ball is dependent on what the other accessory mount requires. For example if you have a phone mount that can mount to a 20mm ball you would select that option. If you aren't planning on mounting anything extra to it and just putting on the mirrors then you can go with the delete mount. Hope this helps.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Might not be what you're looking for, but I have been fairly impressed with the fairly cheap ($30) ones that are super basic. I thought they would rattle uncontrollably or bend in at higher speeds.

Basically steel tubing with a 5 by 8 mirror on a swivel ball. Gets the job done. Honestly without doors, I end up just looking down and back a lot haha

16214705320796238787747143205823.jpg
Sponsored