Doors in the back

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
It seems to be a big deal that the Bronco doors can be removed and stored in the back. Has anyone done this with a Wrangler Unlimited? I haven’t tried but it seems doable.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I thought it was a cool idea when they were calling it a "storage system" a few months ago. Now that I see it's just doors in bags that can fit in the back, I'm over it. I carry a ton of work stuff in my trunk daily, so that won't work for me.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Also, what if you take the doors off then decide you want the roof off too. Where do you store the roof panels? It's a nice concept, I just don't see it being utilized the way they planned.

Sponsored

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I routinely run errands on Saturday mornings in the safety of Eugene, Oregon with the doors off. Hopping from stop to stop, I have no qualms about leaving grocery bags, 6-packs of expensive microbrews, etc. relatively accessible. If I bring my dog, she's a friendly yellow lab and utterly worthless as a deterrent to opportunists, tweakers, and riff raff. The risk of theft is completely mine, and I'm ok with that. Would I leave my doors unattended in the back? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Would I go bouncing down a trail with them tied down in the back? Same answer. That is a stupid risk, and this is simply kardashian intellect-level marketing from Ford.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I foresee a lot of spotlessly clean Broncos with shiny sidewalls, but scratched and dinged up doors.

The same crowd that complains about how "heavy" the wrangler hardtop is, and now they've got to juggle 4 doors in and out of the back of their sasquatch equipped bronco.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
choose your preference.
Fold down front window or door storage.

Both sound great, both will likely never be used.
Well said.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
On days when it was forecasted to rain but turned out to be very nice and I wasn't at home to keep them safe, I took the front doors off my JLU, folded down the back seats and very carefully laid the doors down along with the front two freedom panels.. Obviously can't fit anything else back there but they'll fit.

Now, all 4 doors? Probably but they'll get dinged or scratched up. Getting two doors into the back wasn't easy being very careful. Stacking all 4 I would be scared to turn or go around corners. All in all, take them off and store them at home. Keeping them in the vehicle is more anxiety than it's worth honestly...

Sponsored

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
I think they advertise it like that because the mirrors are not on the doors on the bronco so you won’t have to worry about putting on mirrors. . ... one less step I guess

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, if I’m carrying gear, security when I’m not with the vehicle and weather is a concern for me when on road/overlanding trips... which would require the doors being on. For me running around town or near home and needing little to no gear, being able to fit the doors out back isn’t a bad option to have.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Frameless windows are a much better design than Fiat's and the big winner, going in back... cool in some situations.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I like the concept but security is an issue. There’s always a trade off. When I go food shopping with tube doors and am in the store for an hour I cable lock them because anyone can just pull the pin, lift and there goes 500 bucks.
Imagine having your regular doors stolen? Ouch.

63DDBC05-D74A-4808-B5C6-F13532D26E20.jpeg