Sponsored

Doors and top off 100% of the time in Los Angeles CA?

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know it occasionally rains in LA but not bad. I was curious as to if people do this or think it’s feasible? I’ll be moving out here and am looking forward to the warm weather with little rain.
Sponsored

cypherflow

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & Evolve e-skateboard
Occupation
Super Computer Nerd
Vehicle Showcase
What part of LA? I can tell you if you're in a good part of the neighborhood or not.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen neighborhoods where the cats like to move into the opens Jeeps. L.A. it may be a homeless person :lipssealed:

If you have a garage to lock it in at night and it's not super far out of sight while at work, I'm sure it's fine if you're feeling brave. The occasional rain storm is likely the least worry.

Sponsored

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I run doors off 90% of the time, but I always park where I can see it during the day and its garaged at night. As others have said, its not the weather, but the 'California Clientele' that is going to be the issue. Really is going to depend on what area you live and what areas you drive to/park.

Do you truly mean City of Los Angeles or LA County? Parking in the City of LA, doorless, while you are at work - then that Rubi - shes gone...

But their are several 'nice' cities within LA County.

Throwing doors on when needed is not that big of an issue, only takes a few minutes - granted I only have 2 of them to deal with.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If kept in a garage I would say you could do most of the time. While we don't get the extreme temp swings between winter and summer there are cool days in the winter and the summer gets more than warm in LA unless you're on the coast. Just watch out for homeless people wanting to use it as a bathroom and don't leave anything in it that you don't want to get rid of.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
buddy of mine was recently in LA with a rented convertible. Not sure where he was driving but was at a light waiting to turn left, someone on the median with a sign asking for money. As my buddy tells the story he didn't say anything to the guy, didn't look cross eyed at him... but begger bro gets just past the driver door then hocks a loogie into the back seat. My buddy isn't one for confrontation so he didn't do anything but... yeah I think OP is taking a risk even driving doors and top off in that place.
"hocks a loogie " I have never seen that in writing. Thats funny. The visual isnt.

Last edited:

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Soft top is very easy to put up and down, and the doors are simple to take on and off (granted, I only have two of them).

Getting rained on sucks. Pulling carpet and plugs sucks. Putting carpet and plugs back in sucks. Stressing over whether or not electronics are actually waterproof sucks. Head unit going bananas because it registers water hitting it as finger taps sucks. Driving with no doors when it’s cold sucks. Bird, cat, and human piss/shit in a vehicle sucks.

I wouldn’t consider doing this, but to each his own.

I use Carrot weather app and pull my doors off only if the chance for precipitation is < 20%. Even so I’ve been caught in the rain, and... it sucked.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Soft top is very easy to put up and down, and the doors are simple to take on and off (granted, I only have two of them).

Getting rained on sucks. Pulling carpet and plugs sucks. Putting carpet and plugs back in sucks. Stressing over whether or not electronics are actually waterproof sucks. Head unit going bananas because it registers water hitting it as finger taps sucks. Driving with no doors when it’s cold sucks. Bird, cat, and human piss/shit in a vehicle sucks.

I wouldn’t consider doing this, but to each his own.

I use Carrot weather app and pull my doors off only if the chance for precipitation is < 20%. Even so I’ve been caught in the rain, and... it sucked.
So, it sucked?:giggle: