Sponsored

Doors and top off 100% of the time in Los Angeles CA?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
What does that have to do with the state? USC is a private school. It's also one of the best in the nation.
Because it’s located there and the fact that people are so image conscious as to risk ruining their lives to send their kids there. As for it being one of the best in the nation we can let the 13% acceptance rate speak for itself.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

are you attending LMU? LMU is in a very nice area. playa del ray, play vista and marina del ray areas. inglewood is nearby but not that close. i wouldnt worry about it. you'll see $100k convertibles parked with the top down. your jeep will look like a commoners vehicle lol.

even Inglewood has its nice part. my buddy lives there. has a $1 million house up on the hill in Ladera Heights (called the "black beverly hills") right on the border of culver city. many of his neighbors are white.

i drove my mustang convertible all over LA and always left the top down. never had any issues whatsoever. i dont put my jeeps top up when i park. i dont even lock my doors lol. at night it is parked on my gated property though. i always leave the top up so the sun doesnt beat up the interior. then just drop it when it want it down while driving. the back windows are almost always out. except when it we get real rain. then they go on. i dont even put them on when i wash the jeep.

i dont know if those areas have the homeless problem LA has. certain cities do not tolerate them and the police are heavy handed to keep them out. you wont find much, if any, homeless in beverly hills, bel air, glendale, burbank, simi valley, etc... not sure about the areas youre inquiring about. also the crazier homeless seem to be in DTLA area.

OP
OP
Burandtman

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
are you attending LMU? LMU is in a very nice area. playa del ray, play vista and marina del ray areas. inglewood is nearby but not that close. i wouldnt worry about it. you'll see $100k convertibles parked with the top down. your jeep will look like a commoners vehicle lol.

even Inglewood has its nice part. my buddy lives there. has a $1 million house up on the hill in Ladera Heights (called the "black beverly hills") right on the border of culver city. many of his neighbors are white.

i drove my mustang convertible all over LA and always left the top down. never had any issues whatsoever. i dont put my jeeps top up when i park. i dont even lock my doors lol. at night it is parked on my gated property though. i always leave the top up so the sun doesnt beat up the interior. then just drop it when it want it down while driving. the back windows are almost always out. except when it we get real rain. then they go on. i dont even put them on when i wash the jeep.

i dont know if those areas have the homeless problem LA has. certain cities do not tolerate them and the police are heavy handed to keep them out. you wont find much, if any, homeless in beverly hills, bel air, glendale, burbank, simi valley, etc... not sure about the areas youre inquiring about. also the crazier homeless seem to be in DTLA area.
I am attending lmu and thanks for the info. It was super helpful!

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don’t plan on keeping anything of value in it. Even in the center console and glovebox
That's a fair point and I'm glad Alex. Sadly, sick people can still slash things and turn your rig into a garbage can, without "making a dime," and still cost you "a pretty penny."

But you must know this, we can't live our lives in fear, and that's what insurance (minus that deductible and rate increases) is for I suppose.;)

Since money must be no problem (ha) just get yourself a Mytop https://mytop.us/products/models-jl ...

...and risk that getting slashed....sigh

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Not looking cross-eyed at the begger was the problem. The begger sensed fear and passivity. The only defense I could think of is to look crazier than the begger. Maybe then he'd think twice. In the end, you'll never win in a confrontation with a low-life.
I have to agree. I have won several confrontations and I was the lowlife in each one.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you left top and doors off in ANY metropolitan area you are taking a risk. Compton, Skid Row area, East Hollywood, Venice Beach are some obvious areas. You can look at your surroundings and with good situational awareness you will know where it’s not a good idea.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Not looking cross-eyed at the begger was the problem. The begger sensed fear and passivity. The only defense I could think of is to look crazier than the begger. Maybe then he'd think twice. In the end, you'll never win in a confrontation with a low-life.
muderis3_8175.png

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Inglewood! Always up to no good!
There is a good part of Inglewood, but the bad part is just a couple minutes away haa.
There’s a good part of LA?
Brentwood for one, but yeah LA is the armpit of CA. If LA is the armpit, San Fran can be the butthole..

No problem it’s like riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles. It’s awesome.
But you can't split lanes with your Jeep.

And being that California makes it so tough to get a CCW and you can only buy certain approved handguns, I think I'll take the mountains in my backwoods appalachia state! :flag:
It's really not that hard to get a ccw, just pay for the tag. Unfortunately you'll be outnumbered by people that just carry without it.. we got plenty of mountains too!

I dont understand people that hate on California, it's a large state. There's something for everyone here, obviously if you don't like Koreans then don't live in koreatown! It's not just LA and a bunch of stoners.. well actually it is a bunch of stoners lol. There's people up north trying to start Jefferson state, you can go there if you hate Cali haha don't tread on me! We got 4 basketball teams, 4 football teams (for now), 4 baseball teams, 3 hockey teams, if you don't like sports there's all kinds of drugs and hookers, mountains that meet the coast, nude beaches if you like old balls and saggy tits, Ridgecrest if you like earthquakes, the fishing is probably the best around (excluding Florida), if you're in a giving mood there's bums on every corner, can't beat the weather, and food is great here too!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Having moved from the East Coast , I feel much more comfortable leaving my top and doors off 100% of the time in Los Angeles then I did in Philadelphia, New York City, Maryland, or New Jersey. Just my option of course.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Riding a motorcycle in California overall is just the most awesome thing, what traffic? LOL. Lane splitting, carpool lanes, it’s free.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inglewood! Always up to no good!
There is a good part of Inglewood, but the bad part is just a couple minutes away haa.

Brentwood for one, but yeah LA is the armpit of CA. If LA is the armpit, San Fran can be the butthole..

But you can't split lanes with your Jeep.

It's really not that hard to get a ccw, just pay for the tag. Unfortunately you'll be outnumbered by people that just carry without it.. we got plenty of mountains too!

I dont understand people that hate on California, it's a large state. There's something for everyone here, obviously if you don't like Koreans then don't live in koreatown! It's not just LA and a bunch of stoners.. well actually it is a bunch of stoners lol. There's people up north trying to start Jefferson state, you can go there if you hate Cali haha don't tread on me! We got 4 basketball teams, 4 football teams (for now), 4 baseball teams, 3 hockey teams, if you don't like sports there's all kinds of drugs and hookers, mountains that meet the coast, nude beaches if you like old balls and saggy tits, Ridgecrest if you like earthquakes, the fishing is probably the best around (excluding Florida), if you're in a giving mood there's bums on every corner, can't beat the weather, and food is great here too!
Hate to hijack, but what's San Diego considered, besides a Whales Vagina?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having moved from the East Coast , I feel much more comfortable leaving my top and doors off 100% of the time in Los Angeles then I did in Philadelphia, New York City, Maryland, or New Jersey. Just my option of course.
Where from the East were ya from?

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Also note, I think this topless and safety issue has a lot to do with percentages. When you drive in California with no top and doors you can literally go to a place and they’ll be 20 other vehicles the same way. On the East Coast you may see one. I feel a lot more comfortable when there’s a bunch of vehicles the same way it’s a numbers game. I’m like well if they feel comfortable enough that makes me feel better.lol