ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
I put my doors back on after a trail run and found that some, but not all functions, were not working on the driver side door. I disconnected the harness and found several bent pins. I tried bending them back straight and that did fix a few functions like the door locks. But it looks like I’ll need a new harness to fix everything. Some of the pins bend again every time I try to straight them and reconnect the harness.

I have been searching mopar’s website for a replacement harness but cannot find the part.

Has anyone experienced this issue? How did you go about fixing it?

Thanks
Sponsored

cdavison82

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Granite Mettalic
I’m looking for them too for another reason. I want to make the audible blind spot noise work with doors off so I’m thinking if I had an extra wiring harness I could make the signal pass through without the light in mirror which I think is what is breaking the circuit.

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase

Snug

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Did you ever get this fixed? I slammed the door on the harness and cracked it, now it won't properly close without using my knife to pull the safety pin out in order for it to lock in place

Sponsored

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I put my doors back on after a trail run and found that some, but not all functions, were not working on the driver side door. I disconnected the harness and found several bent pins. I tried bending them back straight and that did fix a few functions like the door locks. But it looks like I’ll need a new harness to fix everything. Some of the pins bend again every time I try to straight them and reconnect the harness.

I have been searching mopar’s website for a replacement harness but cannot find the part.

Thanks
OMG yes. Mine has has issues since day one. Bought the jeep new in 2018 and they have fixed the same harness 5 times even replaced it and that one drivers side door is the only one that has problems. I have been told i am removing the doors wrong, but all the other doors are fine. I also noticed the driver side harness is very easy to take off and the ones that work well are hard to get off. It has been at the dealership so much it , there now since Thursday. Mine would do the auto start. Doors don't unlock when you turn off the car, and radio stays on for a while. Lights don't come on in the interior when I open the door. It is like the jeep is not registering that the door is on. Let me know if you figure it out. I asked the dealer to try to find some kind of upgraded harness.

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
OMG yes. Mine has has issues since day one. Bought the jeep new in 2018 and they have fixed the same harness 5 times even replaced it and that one drivers side door is the only one that has problems. I have been told i am removing the doors wrong, but all the other doors are fine. I also noticed the driver side harness is very easy to take off and the ones that work well are hard to get off. It has been at the dealership so much it , there now since Thursday. Mine would do the auto start. Doors don't unlock when you turn off the car, and radio stays on for a while. Lights don't come on in the interior when I open the door. It is like the jeep is not registering that the door is on. Let me know if you figure it out. I asked the dealer to try to find some kind of upgraded harness.
Same thing happened to me this morning. Passenger front - doors would lock and window would roll up, but Jeep didn't recognize that the door was on and the blind spot didn't work. Pulled the harness, and sure enough, four bent pins. Used a small flat head to move them back. Reinstalled carefully and all works. Two thoughts. One, Jeep should have made the harness more robust. We are talking about a truck that is made for these to be used over and over. Second, if they were dead set on that harness, they should have reversed it. The male ends on the door would have been much easier to see to fix or easier to replace if needed.

I love my Jeep, but I'm discovering a lot of small things that aren't what I would expect from an expensive rig.

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Same thing happened to me this morning. Passenger front - doors would lock and window would roll up, but Jeep didn't recognize that the door was on and the blind spot didn't work. Pulled the harness, and sure enough, four bent pins. Used a small flat head to move them back. Reinstalled carefully and all works. Two thoughts. One, Jeep should have made the harness more robust. We are talking about a truck that is made for these to be used over and over. Second, if they were dead set on that harness, they should have reversed it. The male ends on the door would have been much easier to see to fix or easier to replace if needed.

I love my Jeep, but I'm discovering a lot of small things that aren't what I would expect from an expensive rig.
Yes! I got my back from the dealership last week, and it is already not working again. Getting frustrated.

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
Yes! I got my back from the dealership last week, and it is already not working again. Getting frustrated.
Hopefully someone comes up with a solution other than replan ing the entire wiring harness.

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hopefully someone comes up with a solution other than replan ing the entire wiring harness.
I have just open a complaint with jeep, I will keep y'all posted. I bought a brand new rubicon and for two years half of my functions don't work and it has been at the dealership over two months in the shop, and when they fix it it takes about a week for it to be not working again.

Sponsored

JacquiK

First Name
Jacqui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL; 1983 CJ
Following this thread. Just bought my new JL in May. Had the doors off a couple times. Pins are already bent on driver door. I am pretty good at fixing things. Had it back to dealership twice. And, yes, I'm plugging back in carefully, Mr. Service Manager. Some functions still not working. I really don't want to go back a third time.
Jeep doors are made to be removed. I shouldn't have to be nervous about taking them off again. There needs to be a better system. Any after-marked products?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Thanks
Dealing with this now. Did you dealer fix it under warranty? Mine is claiming it was my fault and wants $900 to fix. I've truly seen it all now.

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Dealing with this now. Did you dealer fix it under warranty? Mine is claiming it was my fault and wants $900 to fix. I've truly seen it all now.
Mine has been in the shop many times 75 days total for the same reason. Call The Chrysler Southwest Case Management telephone number: 1-844-378-0575.
just took it in again and with in the week the same problem. It is always the same door(driver side) so if I was doing something wrong it would not always be the same stupid door. Even had the deal ship tell me I should not take my doors off so often. Like wtf? That's why I bought a jeep. I bought a brand new car and at this point I am sick and tired of bringing to the shop.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Is your dealer charging you?
Mine has been in the shop many times 75 days total for the same reason. Call The Chrysler Southwest Case Management telephone number: 1-844-378-0575.
just took it in again and with in the week the same problem. It is always the same door(driver side) so if I was doing something wrong it would not always be the same stupid door. Even had the deal ship tell me I should not take my doors off so often. Like wtf? That's why I bought a jeep. I bought a brand new car and at this point I am sick and tired of bringing to the shop.
but are they charging you? I am in MA

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Is your dealer charging you?

but are they charging you? I am in MA
My car just went out of warranty but jeep paid $750 and I paid $100. Now I am waiting for them to call me back to resolve it again. I have been bringing it in since I bought it so they also just told me they would pay for two years worth of oil changes. I will let you know when I hear from them again. It is frustrating. I went to another dealership this time. My auto start and stop has also not been working and it was not related to the doors like I thought, it was both batteries and jeep paid that, even though it was out of warranty. The other dealership could not figure out why is was not working. I would contact them and get them involved now so they have records of it, they said it would have been better if I had contacted them sooner.
Sponsored