Sponsored

Door wires breaking!

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
The wires in the door straps keep breaking from what I assume is articulating in cold weather. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a more durable colder weather wire?
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
The wires in the door straps keep breaking from what I assume is articulating in cold weather. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a more durable colder weather wire?
Minnesota, that explains a few things. Warranty?? See if the dealer has a fix, or, talk to some back yard mechanics.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Grant,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, feel free to loop us in via PM for additional assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Do you have your door check screwed in, or is the door swinging freely using only the wires/fabric strap to stop it from opening completely?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ImAJeepskate

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Do you have your door check screwed in, or is the door swinging freely using only the wires/fabric strap to stop it from opening completely?
The door check is screwed in