Door Sill Guards? which is best?

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee
what are some of your favorite brand of guards to protect the paint from scratches and stuff from getting in and out of the Jeep? dont know how i feel about the Quadratec custom fit door sill guards. i want to see what other options are out there.
Sponsored

Tangokilo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Oldsmobile 442, 2001 4runner, 2010 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 2011 VW Golf, 1969 Triump T100 MC and 2018 JLU Sport S
I only have one point of view. I bought the whole quadratec kit front rear and cargo floor mats. Door sill guards came free with the set. I'm very picky (Aero Engineer) for fit and finish. These all fit perfectly and have held up flawlessly for near four years now. Tom

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Mopar stainless pretty much right away. Like the bright look against my GCM and they do a good enough job protecting the high traffic areas-but not full coverage line some others-especially the back door
Jeep Wrangler JL Door Sill Guards? which is best? D8EB147E-098C-4A5F-B93F-C8E5F23CB5D4
Jeep Wrangler JL Door Sill Guards? which is best? 5BEB268D-1545-46C0-8507-DC66373D495F
. They’re expensive for what they are, but one and done. Happy every time I open the door to climb in.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
The Quadratec and Rugged Ridge ones provide great coverage but they also interfere with the door seal. I had the Quadratec ones and got rid of them. When installed, in the dark I had a flash light inside my jeep pointing to the floorboards and I could see light through the bottom of my doors (there are threads about this. Also Quadratec is aware of this issue. They let me return them even though they had been installed.). I didn't want to chance some stinky, muddy water coming into my rig when off-roading. So I ended up with the Jeep/Mopar ones which do not provide great coverage, but they do not interfere with the door seals.

3M makes a protective film you can stick on inside your door sills to protect them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm running Rugged Ridge ones, love them! Easy install, good quality 3m tape. Lines up nicely.

doorgaurd1.jpg

doorgaurd3.jpg
Same here. Very nice. Best coverage. Good price. Very easy install. Haven’t had any seal issues. Test fit before you install. Before you remove tape protection. Even put a piece of blue tape as a marker to install to. More so for the fronts. They can fit a little forward or backwards. That might be why some have leaks.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
what are some of your favorite brand of guards to protect the paint from scratches and stuff from getting in and out of the Jeep? dont know how i feel about the Quadratec custom fit door sill guards. i want to see what other options are out there.
@StaceyLynn13

Do lots of forum research before you go out and buy door sill guards..... But do get sill protection soon before you have sill damage...

Some that went with a sill guard that has the lip, had water intrusion issues.

The water intrusion issue was with a few of sill guard offerings not all of them.

Don't even consider painting the door sills .... to say disfigure/bastardize, the door sills with bedliner spray or similar. Install real protection that looks decent.

Do, along with whatever sill guard you do go with, also include in the install some protective film in
strategic places to give additional protection. At that matter, you could just go with quality protective film on the door sills..

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Am I alone in thinking sill guards are extremely overrated? I see no reason to step there or place feet there at all. We step over it and into the Jeep. I suppose if you have small kids they may use it for entry and exit. But for adults, I think it’s a non issue.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Am I alone in thinking sill guards are extremely overrated? I see no reason to step there or place feet there at all. We step over it and into the Jeep. I suppose if you have small kids they may use it for entry and exit. But for adults, I think it’s a non issue.
Mine were definitely getting scuffed from when I took the plastic ones off to when I bedlined them.

Sponsored

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Rugged Ridge. I haven't had a problem with the door seal. They provide coverage over the lip that extends up from the sill and the pattern on them matches my Rugged Ridge floor liners.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I was a door sill guard guy until I saw my friends’ tour company JLs. No wear and tear on their door sills without guards despite constant use. However, they’re still monsters for not installing grab handles.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I bought the MOPAR stainless ones, love the look!

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Mopar stainless pretty much right away. Like the bright look against my GCM and they do a good enough job protecting the high traffic areas-but not full coverage line some others-especially the back door
Jeep Wrangler JL Door Sill Guards? which is best? 20220613_103116
Jeep Wrangler JL Door Sill Guards? which is best? 20220613_103116
. They’re expensive for what they are, but one and done. Happy every time I open the door to climb in.
Yup - they came with my Jeep - no complaints.
Sponsored