Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, my wife checks the credit card statements and last time there was a $50 webcam charge she was not very happy. ;)
It will be discretely billed as "Watching college girls in bikinis getting soapy cleaning up collapsed garage ceiling".
Sponsored

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picked it up for $13. Has a gambrel so in a couple of weeks once I get my proximity door handles in stalled I'll put the bags on the doors and give it a try.
IMG_20200422_134010.jpg

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Picked it up for $13. Has a gambrel so in a couple of weeks once I get my proximity door handles in stalled I'll put the bags on the doors and give it a try.
IMG_20200422_134010.jpg
Seems doable and looks like youā€™d have control over lifting speed. Iā€™d just watch out that it doesnā€™t start swinging when it comes out the hinge. Donā€™t want the door hinges scraping on the jeep body.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems doable and looks like youā€™d have control over lifting speed. Iā€™d just watch out that it doesnā€™t start swinging when it comes out the hinge. Donā€™t want the door hinges scraping on the jeep body.
The Rugged Ridge door bags wrap around the door just leaving the hinges exposed but they have handles built in the bag to hold. Using one hand to exert 15 pounds of pull the other hand can guide the bag/door away from the Jeep and ease it down to a trolley to move it over to hangers on the wall. That's the plan anyway. I could test it and then put the doors back in this weekend when I need to work with them while on the Jeep but I'm too lazy.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looked through their catalog, nothing high enough or cheap enough except the deer hoist I bought from them. 4 to 1 ratio made easy pull and the door covers had handles so could pull from door when pins cleared and protected the door and most of the Jeep if it slipped. Hopefully will be as easy when I put them back on.
Sponsored