Door lock

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
Ok I’m goin stupid but something happened to my driver door lock. The key fob opens and closes all of them. The passenger door also closes and opens them. Just today the drivers door button doesn’t open them and only locks them. Only had the 2019 sahara jlu a couple of weeks. First time I had the wife in it so I of course blamed her but that didn’t work out real good. Is there something in the dash screen that I could have changed to make only the drivers lock not function. thanks
Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Both FOB probably will work the same. Not sure about the 2019 Sahara settings but with a 2021 the locks can be changed from unlocking all the doors with one click or just the driver's door.

From the owners manual;
This setting will change how many pushes of the Unlock button on the key fob are needed to unlock all the doors. The “Driver Door” setting will only unlock the driver door on the first push on the Unlock button. The “All Doors” setting will unlock all doors with only one push of the Unlock button.

Not sure which radio you have but you change the setting with Uconnect.

Not sure if you have the owner's manual for your Sahara. If not, you can download a copy from mopar.com.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Unless they slapped your harness plug in so fast at the factory they messed up the pin in the plug. I had to have my plugs changed from frequently pulling the doors off. Like you my passive locks worked, my fob worked but the manual button on the 2 front doors stopped working.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If you're talking about the button on the actual exterior door handle, it only locks the door. The sensor on the inner half of the pull handle is what unlocks it.

The operating manual specifically states to not grab the handle when hitting the lock button, because your fingers will also be triggering the sensor to unlock at the same time.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok I’m goin stupid but something happened to my driver door lock. The key fob opens and closes all of them. The passenger door also closes and opens them. Just today the drivers door button doesn’t open them and only locks them. Only had the 2019 sahara jlu a couple of weeks. First time I had the wife in it so I of course blamed her but that didn’t work out real good. Is there something in the dash screen that I could have changed to make only the drivers lock not function. thanks
Well while your laying there on the couch, I'd sit up and make an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
That's all the exterior button on the handle is supposed to do. It only locks the door(s), it does not unlock them. You may think that the passenger side button unlocks them but I'd be willing to bet that someone is grabbing the handle when they press the button and that is what is causing it to unlock.

It is all explained in your owner's manual in the "Getting To Know Your Vehicle" section. ;)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i have the same issue but i know its my door harness. just have not had the time to pull the door and check the pins to see which one has moved or bent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
Guess I didn’t specify. It’s not the exterior door it’s the lock unlock button On the drivers door inside.

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
Thanks. Call to the dealer today!

William Korkshire

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry LE Hybrid
Thanks. Call to the dealer today!
What did the dealer say? Let me guess, he charged you an exceeding price saying that the door issues aren't their faults. This is an old story with all dealers around the globe blaming the users for their mistakes.
After several fights with my dealer, I completely gave up on their service. Now, I call locksmiths sw9 for all door issues or go to the nearby mechanic garage.

Last edited: