Sponsored

Door Lock Cylinder Removal?

emrik22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2016
Anyone happen to know if there is an easy way to pop out the cylinder for a 2016 wrangler sport or if whole panel has to be removed?
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
Anyone happen to know if there is an easy way to pop out the cylinder for a 2016 wrangler sport or if whole panel has to be removed?
Unfortunately on those you have to pop the panel off and take them out the old fashioned way.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
I am picking up a a set of halfdoors for my JLU. They are missing door key cylinders for front driver and passenger sides.

Does https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-lock-assembly-cylinder-68384449ab
Part be used for both doors or is there separate specific door parts since the locking mechanisms are opposite/reflective? Can I just order two 68384449AB’s ??

I’m not finding a specification part # per door.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am picking up a a set of halfdoors for my JLU. They are missing door key cylinders for front driver and passenger sides.

Does https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-lock-assembly-cylinder-68384449ab
Part be used for both doors or is there separate specific door parts since the locking mechanisms are opposite/reflective? Can I just order two 68384449AB’s ??

I’m not finding a specification part # per door.
Same one works for both doors, so just order 2 of those.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info and responding so quickly. Appreciate it. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.
I did mine 2 years ago for my half doors, it’s pretty easy. The video @Bril posted definitely helped.
Sponsored