OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
I saw where someone posted about a plug loose on the passenger kick panel. I checked mine and all was secure. It is almost like the computer thinks the door is removed. The dome light doesn’t activate. There is no door open indicator on the DIC. My windows work and my doors lock from every where except the passenger door. Does anybody have any idea what triggers the door connected indicator. Could it be a computer issue?
Yup exact issue. I even checked the door lock fuses
Sponsored

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I found the issue with mine. One of the contacts was slightly bent in the plug that you disconnect the door on the vehicle side. I snapped the plug loose from the kick panel where I could see it. These contacts are small and appear flimsy. Not a very good design for a plug that is meant to be taken on and off.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Yep, I had the door off, then same issue. The plug for the door, on the jeep side has spade connectors and the spades are easily moved out of position. Easy to see their alignment if you pop the connector off the kick panel.

Sponsored

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
not to steal the thread, but on a related issue, my close proximity switch takes few clicks (2-3) and need to wait couple seconds before the locks engage when exiting the vehicle. Not sure if there is a programmed delay from the factory. Any comment / help on this greatly appreciated.

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS 2.0
In my case, the issue here was definitely the pin connectors in the door wiring harness.

One morning after reinstalling the doors as usual after a trip to the woods, the driver's side door "went dead." Things that did not work:
  • driver's interior lock/unlock button (though the one on the passenger door was fine)
  • power mirror controls, which are on the driver's door
  • proximity entry on driver's side (but passenger's side fine)
  • remote start ("cancelled -- door open" indication)
  • truck did not seem to recognize door was opening/closing (no dash light, dome light, odd stereo behavior, etc.)
All windows continued to roll up and down as normal, and the driver door would lock and unlock with key fob like always, along with the other doors.

I reasoned that it had to be something with the wiring harness connection on the driver's side.

Sure enough, I had replaced the door in a hurry because of a coming thunderstorm — in Alabama we're fond of saying, "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes" — and I had been a little rough with that connector, which is rather sensitive and none too sturdy. I found that several of the connector pins were bent, and as I gently plied them back into shape and tried plugging in, one by one I was able to restore the features. It took me a while.

So, yeah, those connectors pretty much suck. Go very easy on them, or they will cause problems... Don't let a dealer tell you some new module or other is needed, not before you've very thoroughly checked connections. As I said, it took me a while. We're talking about moving the little bastards by millimeters or less. Toledo should seriously upgrade them as a standard, since it's a part that for many customers will be constantly in use and since this is apparently a really common problem with Wranglers.

wvdymond

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport 3.5" Taraflex lift
Occupation
Navy
I had a similar issue but with the passenger door. The lock/unlock switch would not work, the power mirrors did not work, the car didn't recognize when the passenger door was open, and the driver door lighting was dark.

I looked at both driver and passenger door electrical connectors (I do take my doors off frequently) and both sides had some bent pins. Due to the angle and how short the cabling is, it was a pain to straighten the pins out.

I'll be more careful when taking off the doors but you would think that connector would be a bit more robust and able to handle it.

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Anyone have this issue before?

When I open my door it doesnt recognize it's open. I can lock and unlock the door with the remote or the passenger door but not the driver door. The switch is dead. I can lower the window so power is going to it. Also the proximity unlock does not work on this door. Any ideas?

Pull and switched the fuse for power locks already.
Yes!! Been in and out of the dealership since I bought new it in 2018... always the drivers side door. The pins get bent. Please let dealerships know, they tell me they have never heard of this problem and act like I am doing something wrong. Jeep needs to be aware because I am seeing the same problem all over the forums. My car has been at the dealership since Thursday. They have fixed it like 5 times, replaced it once... told them they need to do something different tired of not having important options on the jeep.

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
In my case, the issue here was definitely the pin connectors in the door wiring harness.

One morning after reinstalling the doors as usual after a trip to the woods, the driver's side door "went dead." Things that did not work:
  • driver's interior lock/unlock button (though the one on the passenger door was fine)
  • power mirror controls, which are on the driver's door
  • proximity entry on driver's side (but passenger's side fine)
  • remote start ("cancelled -- door open" indication)
  • truck did not seem to recognize door was opening/closing (no dash light, dome light, odd stereo behavior, etc.)
All windows continued to roll up and down as normal, and the driver door would lock and unlock with key fob like always, along with the other doors.

I reasoned that it had to be something with the wiring harness connection on the driver's side.

Sure enough, I had replaced the door in a hurry because of a coming thunderstorm — in Alabama we're fond of saying, "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes" — and I had been a little rough with that connector, which is rather sensitive and none too sturdy. I found that several of the connector pins were bent, and as I gently plied them back into shape and tried plugging in, one by one I was able to restore the features. It took me a while.

So, yeah, those connectors pretty much suck. Go very easy on them, or they will cause problems... Don't let a dealer tell you some new module or other is needed, not before you've very thoroughly checked connections. As I said, it took me a while. We're talking about moving the little bastards by millimeters or less. Toledo should seriously upgrade them as a standard, since it's a part that for many customers will be constantly in use and since this is apparently a really common problem with Wranglers.
The weird thing is it is always the driver side doors, anyone who has posted this issue, it seems to be on the driver side. I have the same problem over and over.

Sponsored

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
one has done that since day one. The dealer has replaced the riverside door harness several times. My auto/start and stop will stop working and when I turn off the car the doors don't unlock when I open drivers door, the dome light does not come one when driver door is open and radio stays on for like 10 minutes. It does not recognize the door even being there. So frustrating, had the jeep for 2 years and it was not cheap, only to have no use of some of the functions. The dealership has no clue what to do

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Just found out my passenger door hasn’t been locked in days when I opened it and the alarm went off but all the other doors were still locked. Everything else on the door works though, it just won’t lock or unlock. When I lock, I can hear the electrical click near the footwell, but the door lock does nothing. You can hear all 3 other doors locking though.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Service center called me while investigating the front passenger door lock not locking/unlocking. Said the harness looks fine, driver side too, but they found a gps tracker under my dash (used to be a rental car) and said that could be causing the problem. Had to give them the go ahead to charge me the labor and remove it just to see if it's the culprit since it's not from factory.

J Bozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I saw where someone posted about a plug loose on the passenger kick panel. I checked mine and all was secure. It is almost like the computer thinks the door is removed. The dome light doesn’t activate. There is no door open indicator on the DIC. My windows work and my doors lock from every where except the passenger door. Does anybody have any idea what triggers the door connected indicator. Could it be a computer issue?
Brought our Rubicon in today and it was definitely the door module they just ordered another one said it would take about a week to get in.

tjsooley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Exacts I'm having this exact same issue mirrors adjustment not working driver side lock button not working but locks working from the fob and the passenger side and windows working I've checked the pins the pins are okay one was a little bent and I fixed it. Anyone happen to know what fuses to check I took a look in the fuse panel and couldn't identify it thanks
Sponsored