Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
There's a bit of a debate as to whether the loose door handles some people are reporting on their 2023 JLs is normal or something to be tightened/fixed. The handles for some seem to be able to flex vertically as well as horizontally when you pull the handle open. Responses for 2023 models, please.

You can see a few video clips on this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...mal-for-the-door-handles.104803/#post-2175971
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, did not see your request until after I voted.
No worries. I just assumed that if this is a feature, and not a defect, it's probably a newer thing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s normal and the people who say it isn’t are wrong. There’s no poll needed.

XKPin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport 2-door & 2011 Toyota Tacoma
There's a bit of a debate as to whether the loose door handles some people are reporting on their 2023 JLs is normal or something to be tightened/fixed. The handles for some seem to be able to flex vertically as well as horizontally when you pull the handle open. Responses for 2023 models, please.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...mal-for-the-door-handles.104803/#post-2175971
I'm unable to access your link. But here's my 2-cents:

I have a 2022 2-door Wrangler and all three door handles were initially solid and fixed in position, functioning properly. Lately, they have begun to pull away from the outside of the doors when the outside handle is actuated.

My local Jeep dealership inspected and confirmed that this is an abnormal condition and has ordered three replacement handles for my Jeep.

It should go without saying that any components that change from a firm fixed position and migrate to a floppy-sloppy position must be broken, defective or worn out. I have a warrantee appointment replacement next week - fee free.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter

i see many jl's at my shop, they all have a bit off a play , mine has is as well, nothing to worry about, i believe they are designed this way since the doors are aluminum , in order for it not to buckle , or make any indentations over the years of use. That's why i believe
Sponsored