Door Closes Sub-Flush - Paint Damage

Braido

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Mine is doing the same. Noticed it yesterday after washing it. I will try to adjust strike plate as suggested.

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Exact same thing happening on my 2 door Rubi. Doors sit just a tad deeper than flush.

57CFA36E-7E8C-4C2E-B91B-18F445D7AC9E.jpeg
My 2019 Jeep J L wrangler 2 door did this and i cleaned the area thoroughly , and used the Mopar touch up pen with clear coat, and waited until it was dry and rubbed the area with light compound, applying add'l coats and same with clear cost using VERY light coats as to not dilute paint, hair dryer and rubbing compound, and then used 3m protectant tape and no further....

SupK

First Name
Sup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
Has anyone gotten this covered under warranty?? Just noticed mine is doing it too.
Did you end up taking yours to the dealer? I am taking mine in this week to have pictures taken and spoke to FCA customer care as well.

SupK

First Name
Sup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
I took mine to the dealer to have the repair quoted, but never heard anything back. If I was afraid of it rusting I would definitely be more on top of this, but for now its not a huge priority. But while I was at the dealer he said that because it was evident that the doors had been removed (Not sure what his proof was, but yes, they have been) that it wouldn't be covered. That's just straight up BS, the doors don't change alignment every time you take them off and put them back on. I'd argue that the tolerance of the door position is extremely tight. This is definitely a build issue, I just haven't gotten around to chasing down my dealer to take my Jeep for a week so they can fix it.
Sorry, I know this is old thread but seems like a common issue. Did you ever hear anything back on your claim?

Did you leave it as is and have any issues with rust?

Sponsored

SupK

First Name
Sup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
I can see a few spots of bare metal on mine, scratch x won't help that. I'll try to get mine to the dealership and see what they say. My rear doors are ok, it's the fronts that are the issue. I've never removed the doors so at least they can't use that as an excuse.
Were you able to get this fixed by the dealer? Mine seems to be getting worse too and going down to metal. I did speak to FCA about this and will be taking mine in to have some pictures taken this week.

OP
OP
RockyMtnHigh

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Sorry, I know this is old thread but seems like a common issue. Did you ever hear anything back on your claim?

Did you leave it as is and have any issues with rust?
I've never done anything with it. It hasn't been a noticeable issue and it never rusted.

SupK

First Name
Sup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
I've never done anything with it. It hasn't been a noticeable issue and it never rusted.
Rust is really what has me worried as I live in an area where they salt the roads and slowly it seems to be going down to metal. Thanks for your response!
Sponsored