Sponsored

Door Accessory Power Connector

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I have had some issues with my power locks locks and proximity unlock on my passenger door. I disconnected the door accessory plug that you disconnect when removing the doors. I found several of the contacts bent and one contact fell out in my hand. I carefully straightened the remaining contacts or pins and plugged the door back in. Every thing was working except the unlock button on the inside of the door. This sure is a poor design for a plug that is meant to be removed and reconnected. I foresee many issues with this plug as time goes on. I have to assume this came from the factory this way since the doors have not been removed. My wife noticed the lock not working when I began investigating. I am going to request the dealer replace the plug since it has to be weakened from bending. I also sent a message to Jeep Cares regarding the crappy design.
Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
The pin that fell out was probably the unlocking terminal... The plugs are a bit delicate and i agree to a weak design, but alot of people make the mistake of trying to push the plug together causing it to become cock-eyed and bend pins... You just need to get the two side circles on the plug into the slots and let the locking clamp do the rest

jb2771

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I have a similar issue - the power locks work from the key fob but not from inside the vehicle. I can't unlock or lock the doors from inside the Jeep (2018 JL Unlimited Sport with a 6-speed manual) using the buttons on the doors, and the doors won't unlock when I open the driver's door. I checked all of the UConnect settings and made sure the options were selected, and I haven't forced any of the electrical connections together at all. I will check the connectors and the harness when I get home tonight, but it seems to be a different issue.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a similar issue - the power locks work from the key fob but not from inside the vehicle. I can't unlock or lock the doors from inside the Jeep (2018 JL Unlimited Sport with a 6-speed manual) using the buttons on the doors, and the doors won't unlock when I open the driver's door. I checked all of the UConnect settings and made sure the options were selected, and I haven't forced any of the electrical connections together at all. I will check the connectors and the harness when I get home tonight, but it seems to be a different issue.
Hi jb2771,
We apologize that your power locks will not work properly from inside the Jeep. If this continues to happen and you decide to bring it to the dealerships attention, you can send us a private message so we can provide you with extra assistance while your Jeep is being serviced.
Lydia,
Jeep Social

jb2771

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Hi jb2771,
We apologize that your power locks will not work properly from inside the Jeep. If this continues to happen and you decide to bring it to the dealerships attention, you can send us a private message so we can provide you with extra assistance while your Jeep is being serviced.
Lydia,
Jeep Social

Thank you. I have an appointment for September 5th at the dealership from which I purchased the vehicle. As soon as I get the details on the repair Iā€™ll let you know. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s one or more loose pins on the door connector.

Jeff
Sponsored