Sponsored

Donut half doors cancelled. Replaced with classic halfsies.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The holes were cool...it's all about visibility.

Having said that, I hate half doors. They suck eggs. Having to unzip the window to grab a bag at the drive-thru window? No thanks. No where to rest your arm while driving? No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, either run with the doors on, or take the doors off. I've never understood the appeal of half doors and the one I drove pi$$ed me off after living with it for a day.
I lived with that for 10 years with my YJ and it never bothered me. I loved everything about that Jeep.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Can't carry 4 full doors, pull over each time it rains, swap the half doors out, then put them back on again when it stops raining. In some parts of the world, the weather is too dynamic.

Which is why they make half uppers.
The weather is never THAT unpredictable. People just don't check before they leave the house. My point was more that if the uppers don't need to be on because it is raining RIGHT NOW, why would you ride around with them on? It's not like the factory full doors give you a great armrest anyway.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
The weather is never THAT unpredictable. People just don't check before they leave the house.
Dynamic doesn't only mean unpredictable. It also means it changes and in some places very frequently, throughout the year.
My point was more that if the uppers don't need to be on because it is raining RIGHT NOW, why would you ride around with them on? It's not like the factory full doors give you a great armrest anyway.
Do you mean half doors? Also factor in people who use their Wranglers as daily drivers. And no... some live in places where even cheap and difficult to find roadside wham bam parking is over $5 (USD) an hour and it can cost over $65000 (USD) to buy a parking spot to keep a separate daily drive.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Most Wranglers aren’t modified at all.[/QUOTE]

More than 90% of Wranglers are modified at some level.
It’s a Jeep thing, you wouldn’t understand. ;)

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Dynamic doesn't only mean unpredictable. It also means it changes and in some places very frequently, throughout the year.

Do you mean half doors? Also factor in people who use their Wranglers as daily drivers. And no... some live in places where even cheap and difficult to find roadside wham bam parking is over $5 (USD) an hour and it can cost over $65000 (USD) to buy a parking spot to keep a separate daily drive.
No I mean the top half of half doors. I love half doors. I never had any full doors for my TJ, and the uppers just stayed in the back with the top down until it started to rain. Now with the JL obviously I would just check the weather that is provided to me on the display of the vehicle, and stick them on beforehand.

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Now with the JL obviously I would just check the weather that is provided to me on the display of the vehicle, and stick them on beforehand.
I see what you mean now. Yes, the uppers can stay in the back.
The dream solution would be to have fully transparent rigid uppers made of lexan.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
The weather is never THAT unpredictable. People just don't check before they leave the house. My point was more that if the uppers don't need to be on because it is raining RIGHT NOW, why would you ride around with them on? It's not like the factory full doors give you a great armrest anyway.
In New England the weather is very unpredictable. There can be no rain in the fircast and we get heavy showers that move through

JimKrrk

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Rubicon
I see what you mean now. Yes, the uppers can stay in the back.
The dream solution would be to have fully transparent rigid uppers made of lexan.
On my TJ I had Bestop door uppers that had sliding glass windows. I've not seen any available for the JK, so I doubt there will be any for the JL. I hated the plastic zippered windows.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
On my TJ I had Bestop door uppers that had sliding glass windows. I've not seen any available for the JK, so I doubt there will be any for the JL. I hated the plastic zippered windows.
You do get them for the JK. Works with both factory and best top uppers.

Sponsored