Sponsored

Donut half doors cancelled. Replaced with classic halfsies.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Just give us half doors period....they have been "designing" the JL for years think they would have had everything worked out and ready for sale on day 1
I agree. Generally those who put half doors are serious with their Wranglers. Those who put factory ones even more so. Having no half door option at launch is pretty weak from a strategy stand point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Can you photoshop the bars off as well? I've always wondered how it would look like as a true convertible

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I agree. Generally those who put half doors are serious with their Wranglers. Those who put factory ones even more so. Having no half door option at launch is pretty weak from a strategy stand point.
Half doors are probably the most unpopular option. I’m actually surprised they offered them at all for the JL.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Half doors are probably the most unpopular option. I’m actually surprised they offered them at all for the JL
Most Wranglers aren't modified with Mopar parts. By your logic they'd not make any aftermarket parts.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Most Wranglers aren't modified with Mopar parts. By your logic they'd not make any aftermarket parts.
And few aftermarket parts are available at launch.
Most Wranglers aren’t modified at all.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The holes were cool...it's all about visibility.

Having said that, I hate half doors. They suck eggs. Having to unzip the window to grab a bag at the drive-thru window? No thanks. No where to rest your arm while driving? No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, either run with the doors on, or take the doors off. I've never understood the appeal of half doors and the one I drove pi$$ed me off after living with it for a day.

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HellaYella JLU Rubicon

Having said that, I hate half doors. They suck eggs. Having to unzip the window to grab a bag at the drive-thru window? No thanks. No where to rest your arm while driving? No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, either run with the doors on, or take the doors off. I've never understood the appeal of half doors and the one I drove pi$$ed me off after living with it for a day.
I would prefer doorless or tube doors, but I want half doors for these reasons:

1. I have to drive a couple of hours to get to any decent wheeling. I would prefer to not have doors off-road, but I don't want to drive several hours on the interstate with no doors. With half doors I can pull the windows at my destination and it is a decent compromise.

2. Daily driving to work doorless is a concern with frequent popup showers. I usually end up pulling the carpet out during the summer, but I would prefer not to have to do that. And if I need to go somewhere after work, wet seats are a problem. Half doors once again would be a decent compromise as I could keep the windows in the jeep for when it rains.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Having to unzip the window to grab a bag at the drive-thru window? No thanks.
Don't forget having to open every time you drive in to a secured building or a ticketed parking space.

But that's why they made the sliding window kit.

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Functionally they are just about the same as tube doors. Like the half door better.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

If you're using half doors, why would you put uppers on them? That is where your arm is supposed to go. If the weather is bad you just keep your full doors on.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
If you're using half doors, why would you put uppers on them? That is where your arm is supposed to go. If the weather is bad you just keep your full doors on.
Can't carry 4 full doors, pull over each time it rains, swap the half doors out, then put them back on again when it stops raining. In some parts of the world, the weather is too dynamic.

Which is why they make half uppers.
Sponsored