Sponsored

Donut half doors cancelled. Replaced with classic halfsies.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Those donut doors looked kinda funky anyways. IMO

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Personally I would have liked to have seen them do the don't half doesd as at least an option but there's still a chance we could see them in aftermarket firm.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017

Sponsored

HUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future wrangler owner
I wonder if most people that don’t like it are full doors only people. And if most people who liked the donut door are half doors only people.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
The JL has enough holes already. Good that they'r getting the message. If people want to see through, take the doors off or use tube doors which look and function better.
How could you possibly tell which doors function better based on some photos on the internet? Factory half door are less likely to rattle, have wiring harnesses for lights/sensors, power locks, and probably have a decent armrest.

Now don’t get me wrong, I *love* the look of tube doors, and may go that way for my JT, but ‘function better’? Nah, not likely.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Now don’t get me wrong, I *love* the look of tube doors, and may go that way for my JT, but ‘function better’? Nah, not likely.
When you say rattle less, have built in wiring, look similar, etc. I think you mean "integrate better".
Donut doors are to see through and tube doors do that function better... wish I could say different because I'm not a huge fan of tube doors.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
When you say rattle less, have built in wiring, look similar, etc. I think you mean "integrate better".
Donut doors are to see through and tube doors do that function better... wish I could say different because I'm not a huge fan of tube doors.
Well if the only function you’re concerned with is seeing through them, then yes. In fact doorless would be the most functional door of all!

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Well if the only function you’re concerned with is seeing through them, then yes. In fact doorless would be the most functional door of all!
No... the most functional are spirit doors. They're fully transparent and give you support too :idea:

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I was looking forward to them. Seeing them on the Switchback concept is actually what made me want them, so when I saw them announced as a JL option I was pretty excited.
jeep-switchback-1-2x.jpg

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just give us half doors period....they have been "designing" the JL for years think they would have had everything worked out and ready for sale on day 1

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
MOPAR CANT GET ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACKED UP LIFTS, PRODUCT THEY SAY IS COMING IS NOT, WIND NOISE

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
MOPAR CANT GET ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACKED UP LIFTS, PRODUCT THEY SAY IS COMING IS NOT, WIND NOISE
You'd be a lot happier if you didn't expect anything from people who don't even know you :)

Factory/Mopar concepts aside, there are so many ways to improve the Wranglers... we'll be a sad bunch if we expected those to become real.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I was looking forward to them. Seeing them on the Switchback concept is actually what made me want them, so when I saw them announced as a JL option I was pretty excited.
jeep-switchback-1-2x.jpg
I agree, I'm still bummed they canned them. Tube doors are both useless and ugly, while normal half doors are boring.
Sponsored