First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Last response on this as the thread intent is long gone and I try to keep this kind of stuff out of my daily life with people I don't know. Having said that, I can say that I'm really not concerned about your personal decision, but rather the repetitive nature of the misinformation that you elect to post. Using genetics to describe the nature of the vaccine is simply not accurate. Stating that mRNA was declined for approval in the past - not accurate. Mixing up medical devices and vaccines - not accurate. I'm cool with your body your decision - as long as you (not you personally but the combination of all of you who have elected to not get the shot AND not give a crap about anyone else) stay away from everyone else. Everyone has choices and choices have consequences - if it's not clear that on a macro level the decision you've made has implications for others I don't know what to tell you. I hope that this all works out for you and your friends and family and no one gets sick, or worse. All the best and hopefully I'll see you on a trail...
Swing…and a miss. You’re swinging at nothing and it’s incredible you’re debating questions, the CDC link, and think you have a grasp on what I’m discussing. I hope this is your last post and comprehension isn’t your forte. All the best to you as well. Happy Trails….
Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I think a lot of us look at rich people who die with money in the bank as a bad thing. I think we are only looking at the big picture.

We just see the money he left. We dont see all the non materialistic moments where the guy got to see his kids excel through life, or perhaps the satisfaction he fet when he finally saved that first million that he’d set as a goal 20 years ago, his recent personal goals he achieved.

Everyone has different sources for their happiness.

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I think this thread has lost it's focus on what the originator was talking about.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You are right - if you start collecting SS before your full retirement age, you lose $1 for every $2 in income above the minimum (around $19k). Once you hit full retirement (for most people close that is 67 now), that restriction goes away.

One more point - while life expectancy is 77-78 for a newborn boy today, if you're a 50 or 55 year old guy, your expectancy is 80-81. In short, the call on when to take SS is really highly dependent on your health at age 67. For almost all healthy guys, waiting for full retirement makes more sense over the long haul.
That would only be true if you did not have the discipline to not spend your SS check between 62 and 67 and you sucked at investing. The whole gamble that the Govt. makes is that you will not live long enough to reap the reward for waiting to draw at 67.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
four of my buds went camping two weeks ago, the un-vacitated couple came home and tested positive. The vaccinated couple camp home and tested positive. No idea who brought covid to the campsite, just know that all four were sick on that Monday. The non-vaccinated felt better on Wednesday the vaccinated couple did not start feeling better until Saturday. Neither required hospitalization . They are all in their late fifties.

My personal opinion is that as soon as the drug companies are willing to accept the financial responsibility for problems related to their product as they are currently NOT responsible for any related problem, then I would have more faith in them. I believe that money drives the world and that there is no way that these companies would have released these vaccines with out the protection from governments around the world from potential financial liabilities.

I am very pro vaccine. I am not pro guinea pig. I am glad that there are so many people willing to take an experimental drug.

In the end your immune system will either protect you or it will not. I fully believe, that I am good even without the vaccine. Why, well my wife still works in a prison. She works daily around prisoners that are covid positive. At one time, 1398 prisoners were positive out of the 1498 total amount of prisoners. She has had covid, I live with her and if I did have covid, it was so mild that it had zero effects on me. All the staff are tested every week for covid. It is now very rare that an employee comes down with covid. It is almost impossible to keep covid out of the prison that she works in as the prison is the intake for all prisons. Meaning that if you go to prison in Michigan, you will go to the prison that my wife works at first before you will go to any of the other prisons. They get new prisoners almost daily from all the county jails.

We are all meant to die and I plan to live life with the understanding that tomorrow is not promised.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I like your post, but have a question, or thought. If you are still working, you have to pay tax ( I read 1 dollar for every 2 earned) so the SS check could be reduced by half potentially. . Are you considering this or strickley talking to those that are not working anymore. It is all quite confusing.
if you are still working are you really retired? If you still need to work, then I assume that you are working because you need the money and you would not be able to invest your SS check between the age of 62 and 67.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
four of my buds went camping two weeks ago, the un-vacitated couple came home and tested positive. The vaccinated couple camp home and tested positive. No idea who brought covid to the campsite, just know that all four were sick on that Monday. The non-vaccinated felt better on Wednesday the vaccinated couple did not start feeling better until Saturday. Neither required hospitalization . They are all in their late fifties.

My personal opinion is that as soon as the drug companies are willing to accept the financial responsibility for problems related to their product as they are currently NOT responsible for any related problem, then I would have more faith in them. I believe that money drives the world and that there is no way that these companies would have released these vaccines with out the protection from governments around the world from potential financial liabilities.

I am very pro vaccine. I am not pro guinea pig. I am glad that there are so many people willing to take an experimental drug.

In the end your immune system will either protect you or it will not. I fully believe, that I am good even without the vaccine. Why, well my wife still works in a prison. She works daily around prisoners that are covid positive. At one time, 1398 prisoners were positive out of the 1498 total amount of prisoners. She has had covid, I live with her and if I did have covid, it was so mild that it had zero effects on me. All the staff are tested every week for covid. It is now very rare that an employee comes down with covid. It is almost impossible to keep covid out of the prison that she works in as the prison is the intake for all prisons. Meaning that if you go to prison in Michigan, you will go to the prison that my wife works at first before you will go to any of the other prisons. They get new prisoners almost daily from all the county jails.

We are all meant to die and I plan to live life with the understanding that tomorrow is not promised.
Agree 100%, I too work in an environment where we are around the public, most coming from a Covid Hot Spot. I have had many co-workers test positive and get sick. Several that I know personally have died from it. I may have already had it and recovered who knows. I'll still take my natural immune system response over the vaccine.
Gregj

Last edited:

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250

guinea pig? no, those were the brave people who volunteered to take these shots a year ago to make sure they were safe for the rest of us today....which they are, it has already been proven to be one of the safest vaccines ever produced and one of them now has full FDA approval....

ask the doctors who walked out today en mass today in Florida, where the non vaccinated have their health care system on the brink right now and these doctors and nurses are fed up with the bullshit....I don't blame them one bit.

If drug companies left themselves open to be financially responsible for every adverse side effect there wouldn't be any drug companies or vaccines.... once again, this is no longer an experimental drug and has fully FDA approval.

many businesses, universities, city municipalities and other govt agencies are now mandating it
and have every right to.

the death rate among the unvaccinated vs vaccinated should tell you everything you need to know about what the smart thing to do is.....just saying

Some good info here for those who are still skeptical

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...eases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
many businesses, universities, city municipalities and other govt agencies are now mandating it
Including the FOX News campus… 😂

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
bump

Why am I finding it so difficult to walk away from a well paying job to start my retirement?
Financially planned out. Maybe I need to immerse myself in a time consuming hobby and
just bid my full time job adieu.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Last edited:

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
According to Alexa I have 5,744 hours to go before I retire.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I am of the firm belief that "Less Is More". I am retiring very early. I want my Jeep exactly how i want it, and paid off. Some savings and some stash of other "things". But, then I am done with the rat race. I want to travel, work only when I have to and enjoy my kids/grand kids. I see myself doing a lot of camping, fishing and wheeling.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I am of the firm belief that "Less Is More". I am retiring very early. I want my Jeep exactly how i want it, and paid off. Some savings and some stash of other "things". But, then I am done with the rat race. I want to travel, work only when I have to and enjoy my kids/grand kids. I see myself doing a lot of camping, fishing and wheeling.
That is an obtainable goal. Make it happen.

OP
OP
BDinTX

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
A buddy at work showed me this calendar the other day. Its a different way to look at the average persons lifespan.

For me, years and months are so long I couldn’t really wrap my head around them. Conversely, days are too granular.
Weeks were a good middle ground.
Jeep Wrangler JL Don’t die with your yacht in the driveway B9A9F5B8-9A60-4AD9-B835-6927F4BCF4E8

Pulled from here:
https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/life-weeks.html

Personally, I want to spend as little time as necessary actually working in the career phase. It’s unfortunate I’m already 2/3 of the way through.

So I’m taking those vacations that I may have put off, and mending fences with loved ones. My goal is for them to have to pry the Jeep keys out of my grasp at the funeral home and as I’m passing over to the good lord be thinking - “That was awesome.”

I appreciate @wibornz for setting a great example.
Sponsored