Sponsored

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Have yet to get my hands on a softop JL. Will update this thread when I do.
I just installed my soft top, and unfortunately it looks like there's no way that will work with the soft top arm in the top-closed position.

The bracket would need to come down and hold the jack underneath, instead of behind, the bar. Which I'd still go for even though it's not as ideal as hiding in right behind the bar up and out of the way...

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Any chance you think that bracket can be turned downward and work as-is? Otherwise, I might have to cancel my order before it ships...

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK & 2015 Jeep JK
Great question. I don't see why it wouldn't work upside down. Would have to try to know for sure though. I'm thinking it could be switched around for changes between the hard top and soft top. It could be switch around in a matter of minutes. Hard top mode... soft top mode.

Any chance you think that bracket can be turned downward and work as-is? Otherwise, I might have to cancel my order before it ships...

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
@Dominion OffRoad . I work in Anaheim, and wondering if you have a store where I can pick up items locally. Also, do you have the stealth jacks avail yet ?

Sponsored

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey buddy did you get this working with the soft top by flipping upside down?

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Brett was great to work with. I got it set up, and I like how it works. It's set up underneath the roll bar by flipping the brackets around and using different holes (using the holes from the actual soft top mechanism) plus adding a $1 bracket from Lowe's. It is held in place just about perfectly where'd I'd want it to go - it's about a quarter inch below the roll bar and about a quarter inch behind the headrest (so tucked upward as much as possible). I'll let Brett speak for himself, but I believe he is assessing whether he wants to make any adjustments for the soft top. I will keep it and use it underneath the roll bar with the soft top, and move it behind the roll bar with the hard top - just switch once per year.

Of course it blocks a bit of the rear view. Would be nice if it could be turned on its side so that less is blocked, but that means the base of the jack is going front to back instead of up and down, which doesn't really fit between the head rest and the downward portion of the roll bar.

I also added the accessory holders directly behind the lift, so they don't block any more view than the lift itself.
IMG_20180406_112601592_LL.jpg
IMG_20180406_112654531.jpg
IMG_20180406_112614182_LL.jpg
IMG_20180406_112634477_LL.jpg
IMG_20180419_140200607_LL.jpg

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
Our warehouse is in Santa Ana and we are usually there from noon to 3:00. I'm there other times and always call before you head down.

JeepSWAG phone: 949-393-1111

Brett

@Dominion OffRoad . I work in Anaheim, and wondering if you have a store where I can pick up items locally. Also, do you have the stealth jacks avail yet ?

OP
OP
Dominion OffRoad

Dominion OffRoad

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepswag.com
Vehicle(s)
We are working on a soft top kit. It's not available yet. If you modify the kit, please keep in mind that you're on your own. There's a lot of engineering that goes into the design and it should be installed as designed.

I'll post updates when the soft top kit is available.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Deezflops for the write up and pictures! Very cool!

And thanks @Dominion OffRoad for the quick word of caution. Completely understandable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.