Sponsored

Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1?

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Anyone have the dometic CFX3 45 in their JL? If so let’s see how it looks in your Jeep and any tips on your experience with it.
Sponsored

YJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ-7
I have one. No complaints. It keeps things cold. Bluetooth app works well. More than enough space for two people on a multi-day trip.

I don't have any pictures, but it's mounted on the driver side on an AAL platform.

huff747

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have one. No complaints. It keeps things cold. Bluetooth app works well. More than enough space for two people on a multi-day trip.

I don't have any pictures, but it's mounted on the driver side on an AAL platform.
On slide or just direct to the platform? Looking at the AAL platform and wondering if I want/need the slide.

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I have one....havent used in Jeep just yet. Turned it on in the garage in the last week just to , you know, "test" it's capabilities.

Sponsored

huff747

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my setup with AAL platform, slider and cargo shelf. PM me if you have any questions. Cheers
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? 8A5B5666-5ADA-45D4-B9E5-CF6D5EB02C80
Any regrets on the cargo shelf? I have pretty much that exact setup in a cart on the AAL site, I can't decide on the shelf so I haven't hit the button yet. I like to be able to see out the back so I'm not sure how much I could/would put on it. Mostly camping on some family land.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Generally I am happy with the cargo shelf. I only load it up when I am going hunting or on an extended camping expedition. I do not find my rearview blocked enough to cause me any problems. With the shelf in it's top position I could not use the insulated cover for the Dometic. The fit and finish is very good. If you want I can take a photo looking out the rear with the shelf unloaded. Cheers

huff747

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Generally I am happy with the cargo shelf. I only load it up when I am going hunting or on an extended camping expedition. I do not find my rearview blocked enough to cause me any problems. With the shelf in it's top position I could not use the insulated cover for the Dometic. The fit and finish is very good. If you want I can take a photo looking out the rear with the shelf unloaded. Cheers
That's not necessary, but appreciated. I just need to make up my mind if it's worth it for me. I probably won't load it up but it would be nice to have another level for packing stuff.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
That's not necessary, but appreciated. I just need to make up my mind if it's worth it for me. I probably won't load it up but it would be nice to have another level for packing stuff.
If you are a veteran you can get a great discount at AAL. Just remembered. LOL

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
How do you guys like your CFX3 45's? I'm preparing a stock order with Dometic. I was going to pick up a couple of them. Maybe a larger fridge/freezer combo, and one smaller too
If you are going to buy a Dometic CFX3 45 checkout the pricing on Dyer RV Parts and Accessories. I bought mine for $859.99 with free shipping. Hard to beat that price, Cheers.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going to buy a Dometic CFX3 45 checkout the pricing on Dyer RV Parts and Accessories. I bought mine for $859.99 with free shipping. Hard to beat that price, Cheers.
Thanks, I meant I'm placing a stock order as a dealer. I'll be selling them. Looks like the CFX3 45 is a winner thus far.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
How do you guys like your CFX3 45's? I'm preparing a stock order with Dometic. I was going to pick up a couple of them. Maybe a larger fridge/freezer combo, and one smaller too
Slightly OT since this is mostly about 45s, but I agree the CFX3 line is great. I have a 35 which is the same footprint but about 3" shorter. Used it extensively on a cross country trip just last week. They are very efficient. I can keep it running at ~39F for 36+ hours with a small Jackery 300 (not yet tested runtime with summer ambient temps, though).

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Slightly OT since this is mostly about 45s, but I agree the CFX3 line is great. I have a 35 which is the same footprint but about 3" shorter. Used it extensively on a cross country trip just last week. They are very efficient. I can keep it running at ~39F for 36+ hours with a small Jackery 300 (not yet tested runtime with summer ambient temps, though).
To keep it running on a small battery like that is a hot selling point. Everyone wants or needs a fridge onboard but many are confused as to how they will power it. Most trips are 48 hours or so. That would be perfect. I had one 35 in my order but I might need to get more of them.
Sponsored