First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wranger Sport V6 MT Astro AWD Kaw550Ltd
Occupation
HVAC Tech
I'm in agreement that Luk knows how to build a clutch set. They build them for many OEM applications, but have to follow the manufactures' specs. That is who built the one in my GTO, and when I replaced it at 150K miles for a worn pilot bearing, I chose an OEM Luk clutch set over an aftermarket (or even LS7) because it had proper feel and performance for my mods and driving preference.

For those that notice a slight difference in then new clutch, it is likely because of the properly greased clutch fork that actuates the throw out bearing - ACT covered this in their teardown & analysis video showing that re-greasing the clutch fork reduced friction and therefore changed the clutch engagement point feel.

I don't think Jeep would go through the R&D process to alter the actual clutch hardware. It is cheaper to install their new software with a brand new clutch (original design) so that any issues won't arise from an already worn clutch. Best to just start off with fresh hardware & software. I don't agree with the approach, but the engineers generally get overridden by the bean counters.

If I had the money, I would get the ACT clutch and be done with it. I used their product in the past on a turbo 280ZX and it was an awesome piece of hardware.
And lawyers
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am unconvinced the replacement clutch is different from the original. My theory is that they replace the clutch with the software update simultaneously to avoid liability of possible previous wear on the clutch that would compromise the action of the software.
That's exactly it, IMHO.

JeepLJ05

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ, 1983 Cj
So I have the opportunity to get a really great deal on a 2023 rubi gladiator 6mt that has been sitting on the dealer lot for a year due to the stop sale. 19a has now been performed. So I’m wondering if it’s a bad idea to purchase the vehicle. Even if it’s a great deal, I’m still buying something that has been possibly neutered and sat for a year. Is this a gamble I should walk away from?
Thanks

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
So I have the opportunity to get a really great deal on a 2023 rubi gladiator 6mt that has been sitting on the dealer lot for a year due to the stop sale. 19a has now been performed. So I’m wondering if it’s a bad idea to purchase the vehicle. Even if it’s a great deal, I’m still buying something that has been possibly neutered and sat for a year. Is this a gamble I should walk away from?
Thanks
I'd insist on a pair of brand new batteries prior to delivery... but I wouldn't expect any other inherent issues as long as the recall work was properly performed.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Dropped mine off for the 19A this morning. Separation anxiety already setting in. Lots of free space in the garage though 👍.
Sponsored