Sponsored

Dogs...show 'em

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've had several dogs in my life time and consider myself a dog person. Best friends I've ever had have been dogs. They do become family and after the last one passed due to old age, my wife and I thought no more. Anyway, let me introduce you to Jack the Nipper the stray that wandered in and made himself at home.
jack in doghouse.jpg

I know, I know it looks like a cat but this isn't. He loves this old dog house, vacant from our last dog and he is very much like a junk yard dog. He only really likes to eat raw meat, in fact loves hamburger so much he growls if you try to take it way. Craps in the yard, no cat box. Likes setting on the front porch and runs out to greet anyone and any thing that comes on the(his) property. Mailman, delivery people, anyone. If they don't stop to give him a pat, he swats them on the leg and follows and keeps swating them until they leave or give him a pat. Regulars to the property know and expect his greeting and always laugh about his act. He totally controls the yard and clears out crows, possums and even raccoons. He got his name Jack the Nipper for bitting. A small dog was being walked down the sidewalk on a long leash and came in the yard. Jack pounced on its back, rolled over with it on his stomach upside down, feet in the air and had it screaming bloody murder in 2 seconds flat. The lady on the other end of the leash was pulling, dragging both of them with Jack holding on to his death grip. When she tried to pick up her dog, Jack bit her arm so hard it drew blood. She said she went to the doctor for a stitch and a shot and threatened to sue me. She also called Animal control with a viscous animal complaint. They came out but nothing more came of it. Her dog was in my yard and on too long a leash for expected control as required. Anyway, nice to know Jacks on duty 24/7 guarding the place. Guess I could/should put out a sign, "beware weird dog".

Last edited:

Scout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jLUR Firecracker Red, '04 TJR Solar Yellow
This is Kayeh, she's two and a half years old. She was homeless and surviving on the streets of the Navajo reservation for her first year of life. We rescued her when she turned about one year old. She'd never even been in a house before we got her. She's turned out to be the best dog ever.

IMG_20200411_190253.jpg

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Meet Tex our English Bulldog, loves rides (of course)... need a bit of control on him as he is 70lbs of muscle, and stone cold stupid.

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is Kayeh, she's two and a half years old. She was homeless and surviving on the streets of the Navajo reservation for her first year of life. We rescued her when she turned about one year old. She'd never even been in a house before we got her. She's turned out to be the best dog ever.

IMG_20200411_190253.jpg
We got our latest dog Loki as a rescue from the res too.
She was a bit skiddish at first, but turned out to be a great dog. She's earned her Loki name though... she's the queen of mischief :)
And she loves a little mud run.

11220.jpeg

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
This is Dickens, a 3 yo English Setter. He weighs in at 76 pounds. We expect to get an ES puppy at the end of June. We have always had two. Our older ES passed in February.

8146FE53-88EF-4E9B-8311-1DEFFA1F57B1.jpeg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon