Sponsored

Dog owners - Cargo Liner for Jeep?

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at getting a cargo liner for the Jeep to help contain dog hair as well as protect internal area.

I like this one. Allows you to use all features of cargo area and seats.
https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-4-dr-cargo-liners-14427.html

This one covers more area. But is not as convenient as the other one.
https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/cargo-Liner-JL-2-door.html

Wondering your opinions and if you found a better one you are using if you could post a link.

Thanks
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Looking at getting a cargo liner for the Jeep to help contain dog hair as well as protect internal area.

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-4-dr-cargo-liners-14427.html

Wondering your opinions and if you found a better one you are using if you could post a link.

Thanks
Check out Weather Tech also.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got the Canvasback in my JLUR. I really like it. The liner fits really well and stays in place when sliding heavy objects over it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am going to second the Canvasback after looking at their sight and reading reviews. Looks like nice coverage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twistedfab

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. I wanted to know how people liked them and if there were any other options if they didn’t.

Looks like I will be order a set today.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I’ve got the Canvasback in my JLUR. I really like it. The liner fits really well and stays in place when sliding heavy objects over it.
How is the Canvasback secured in place? Do they use velcro?

OP
OP
Twistedfab

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How is the Canvasback secured in place? Do they use velcro?
From their site: Regular Velcro hook does not grab the carpet on the entire floor of the car. We send out self adhesive loop Velcro to act as good carpeting. When you apply the loop Velcro, really press firmly into the carpeting of your car so it has a nice stick (it won't hurt the carpet if you pull it up).

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks
I found this one as my go to because it goes up the sides , I've got a Red Lab and he sheds terrible so I need to contain as much of as possible
Capture.JPG

Also found this that is pretty cool

dod step.JPG

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I opted for the DirtyDog 4x4 cargo liner for my JLUR. It affords full cargo area protection. It's been working out great when I drop the rear seats for all of my range gear and works equally well when I have the rear seats up for additional passengers.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I don’t have Canvasback on my JL but did have it on a previous full size SUV. The quality is fantastic. One thing to keep in mind is that it’s not made of a soft cushy material. The texture is like very tight nylon and larger dogs, at least mine, have a difficult time getting a good grip if they are standing up. I’m not bashing the product at all - it is great - and I may end up getting it for my JL, but wanted to note my experience. Other products are similar in build.

For me for now I’m using the MOPAR full cargo liner with two Harbor Freight moving blankets spread out on top. One of the blankets is smaller (don’t recall the exact dimensions but it fits nearly perfect with the seats down in a 4-door) and the other is a little bigger. I have the bigger one doubled over near the front to give my girl some extra padding when lying down. The one smaller blanket would probably be enough but I spoil. Ha ha.

The great thing about the Harbor Freight blankets is you can easily wash them and if needed, trash them and buy new for cheap or even free on occasion. In my case I only got the MOPAR cargo liner because it came with the gap hider since I got cloth seats. If I already had the gap hider I wouldn’t bother with the liner.

OP
OP
Twistedfab

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have Canvasback on my JL but did have it on a previous full size SUV. The quality is fantastic. One thing to keep in mind is that it’s not made of a soft cushy material. The texture is like very tight nylon and larger dogs, at least mine, have a difficult time getting a good grip if they are standing up. I’m not bashing the product at all - it is great - and I may end up getting it for my JL, but wanted to note my experience. Other products are similar in build.

For me for now I’m using the MOPAR full cargo liner with two Harbor Freight moving blankets spread out on top. One of the blankets is smaller (don’t recall the exact dimensions but it fits nearly perfect with the seats down in a 4-door) and the other is a little bigger. I have the bigger one doubled over near the front to give my girl some extra padding when lying down. The one smaller blanket would probably be enough but I spoil. Ha ha.

The great thing about the Harbor Freight blankets is you can easily wash them and if needed, trash them and buy new for cheap or even free on occasion. In my case I only got the MOPAR cargo liner because it came with the gap hider since I got cloth seats. If I already had the gap hider I wouldn’t bother with the liner.

Thanks for the reply. I will probably get the harbor freight blankets for the dogs. Good idea.

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the time my Great Dane is with me, I put down a twin size memory foam mattress topper. Its just about a perfect fit for the back of the Jeep. Other than that, I have the full Mopar cargo liner with seat back and gap cover.
Sponsored