Does your spare only have 3 lug nuts

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I just noticed that my spare tire on my Sahara JLU only has 3 lug nuts. Is that standard or am I missing a couple?

Thanks!
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I just noticed that my spare tire on my Sahara JLU only has 3 lug nuts. Is that standard or am I missing a couple?

Thanks!
Yes, 3 with one of them being a wheel lock lug nut. Be sure you got the wheel lock lug nut key from your Dealer.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Dealer forgot to give me the key. Plus they had wheel locks on the other 4 tires - different key from the spare. Had to take pics and they are trying to match them up against the 5 extra keys they have. Dealer is 4 hours away.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Dealer forgot to give me the key. Plus they had wheel locks on the other 4 tires - different key from the spare. Had to take pics and they are trying to match them up against the 5 extra keys they have. Dealer is 4 hours away.
Check the glove box or the console for it. And then if they really did forget it, please give that dealer a piece of my mind for me. :swear:

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Most of us only got a lock on the spare!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Sponsored

mchinchi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
This happened to me. When they sold the Jeep they forgot to take the different wheel lock off the spare and replace it with the matching one. I went to the closest dealership and spoke with the dealership who sold it to me. The closest dealership replaced all locks and put a new set on all 5 tires. They billed the original dealership. Call the dealership and tell them what happened and they should make it right.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Dealer had me go to local dealer. They found the right key (fit all tires and spare), but they didn't have a code or anything for me to tell the other dealer which one to ship me. crazy

They balked at sending me a new set and when I talked to a sales mgr, he said sure no big deal, it's only $60 for them. Shipped today. Have to go back to local dealer to take off the set I have. They didn't want them back. Will they sell without a key?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I really need to look at my paper work, because if I find that all were locks were included, I'll head in to the dealer. Getting 1 for spare only, kinda sucks!
Sponsored