Sponsored

Does your JL come pre-dented?

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Is your JL Pre-dented? Ours is! This will make the first offroad damage hurt a lot less :giggle:

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
All three of my 4 doors (two JKUs and a JLU) were/are this way, and every one I've seen in parking lots is this way. It doesn't bother me one bit. It's a Jeep, not a show car. As long as everything is painted well to prevent corrosion, I'm good.

Now if I was one of the unlucky guys who doesn't have full paint coverage on those body panels in that same area, then I'd be upset.

In short: We need to stop making mountains out of mole hills, because the more we harass FCA over stupid things that are normal to production, the more the price will keep going up as they "fix" these things.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
All three of my 4 doors (two JKUs and a JLU) were/are this way, and every one I've seen in parking lots is this way. It doesn't bother me one bit. It's a Jeep, not a show car. As long as everything is painted well to prevent corrosion, I'm good.

Now if I was one of the unlucky guys who doesn't have full paint coverage on those body panels in that same area, then I'd be upset.

In short: We need to stop making mountains out of mole hills, because the more we harass FCA over stupid things that are normal to production, the more the price will keep going up as they "fix" these things.
Well said and i agree !

Whatever

JIMBO

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Nothing to see here, move on. No issue IMO.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Giant flat panel. It's impossible to not have some flex near the hinges. Been that way for decades.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
We want to be 100% clear, this doesn't upset us in the least. We wheel our Jeeps and will certainly add more dents and dings. If you watch the video you can see we are pretty light-hearted about it.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
I am extremely OCD and an automotive painter of 28 years. I know it's just a "Jeep" and it's been this way forever (waves in the door panels surrounding the hinges,) But my eyes are trained to seek out paint and body damage and I just can't stop seeing these waves in the panels... :facepalm: It really does bother me, but I'm trying to reprogram my eyes to not see this as a flaw... Hopefully I can learn to Love these waves the way I really do love everything else about this Jeep! :involve:

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
The only good thing about this video is that it's the best video I've seen showing the JCR cursader rock sliders, which I am considering.
They are over thousand bucks...ouch

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Y'all are anal as hell. Would never notice, do not care. :movember:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I almost bought a new F150, but came to my senses and ordered a JL instead. Anyway I noticed the same thing around the 4 corners of the door handles on the F150. I figure it’s the aluminum panels in both cases.

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I think it also depends on the weather. In the Texas sun- no waves. When I first drive out of the garage in the morning, tad wavy. Frankly, I never noticed it until I wanted to see it. But then I looked at pics of my JK and it’s the same thing. Meh

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cloudywithachanceofdevops.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2021 EcoDiesel JTR
Occupation
Web Engineer
This is an annoyance to me, just given the price of the vehicle - but I do think it has to do with the materials used. I don't think they are actually dented, but it does look like someone stuck their knee in my passenger door on the bottom hinge. The rear doors are fine for me, but my passenger door is super noticeable.

For those saying this has always been a thing, I've had 7 (yes, 7) Wranglers now from 08-18. This is the first one that has had any type of waviness in the door panels near the hinges. Maybe I've just been extremely lucky on this until now. I'm trying to teach myself to ignore it, but it is irritating to see on a new vehicle.

One more note here - I have seen JLs that do not show this the least bit on dealer lots... and then I've seen some that show it on every single hinge point. I am thinking this may have to do with temperatures when the doors were assembled causing tension near the hinges. If it was normal, all of my hinge points should be showing it and they aren't.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Nothing Line-X can’t fix. Covers up scratches, too. :)

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
There's something very important to note here.

That 2 door soft top JL is sexy. 2 door master race.

That is all.
Sponsored