Does windshield protection film work?

LiveToWork

First Name
Rhys
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL wrangler
Since theres already $300 worth of tint on my windshield Itll cost me a lot more than just a replacement windshield if I got a rock chip in it. Anyone have experience with windshield protector films?

Advertisement

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Assuming you mean this? https://racingopticsjeep.com/

I am going to order this the second I decide to finally buy my Jeep. We use it in racing and their products are pretty damn top notch so I am curious to see how well it works on a windshield given the likelihood of catching rocks and getting cracks =/

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
This sounds like an interesting product. I'd be interested to know how it works in the real world too.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I was interested in putting this on my JL for my 15,000 mile trip up to AK from Maine this coming summer but was concerned about the many miles of unpaved roads I would be travelling with mud and rain and wipers. I posted this question on a couple of International Overlanding sites and it was not encouraged. So, I simply lowered my Comprehensive coverage to $50 deductible and discarded the notion.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.grab-gard.com/products/jeep-wrangler-windshield

I'm using this shield and few weeks ago something hit the windshield really hard, I think it nicked it but I cant really tell if the imperfection is in the shield or if it got to the glass. Haven't taking it off yet to confirm. I think that if I didn't have that thing installed I would have needed a new windshield. But I will update you guys here in a week when I take the shield off to examine the glass.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
This is a must where i live (Kuwait).. we have extremely horrible roads. you get bombed with all kinds of rocks on the highway. it's so bad sometimes that even side windows get rock-chips.

i have been running windshield protection film on my jeep for 2 years now and i have zero rock-chips .. keep in mind harsh weather condition and usage of wipers alot will ruin the film (gets delaminated) within 6 to 12 months.. but it's totally worth it since i don't like replacing windshields.

i have tested multiple brands over the years on all my vehicles and none of them survive delamination more than 1 year.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement