Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm going through this now with a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited. Been to the dealer 3 times. I'm told this is normal, it's in spec, and that most pull to the right and there's nothing they can do about it! Not pleased. I don't think it's too much to ask for a new vehicle to drive in a straight line.
1. Try “purging” the steering stabilizer per the FCA dealer steering stabilizer documentation. Some have reported success with the pulling issue after this procedure. Procedure summary: With the engine on and in park, turn the steering wheel as fast as possible full right, full left 5 to 6 times. Test drive on the same decently straight and flat stretch of road before and after the procedure for a fair test.

2. Remove the steering stabilizer and perform a short road test. This will verify or eliminate the steering stabilizer as the problem. If still pulling without the steering stabilizer installed, get a complete alignment report and see if caster, camber, etc. isn’t way off comparing left and right. A report only without ant adjustments costs around $20. Be sure to get a printout and post a photo of it to the forum.

3. Rotate tires to see if the pulling changes sides.

Obviously check tire pressure PSI is the same on all tires first.

alphagamma

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited and a 2013 Mazda Miata
Thanks for the tips. I've also put a complaint in to NHTSA and will be calling Jeep Customer Care today. I, the consumer, shouldn't have to correct manufacturing or engineering defects. The dealer should be performing all of these things, especially after visiting 3 times for the same issue.

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
Try disconnecting your steering damper to see if it pulls, some bad dampers will pull.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know this is going to sound nuts but its worth a shot. Make sure the fuses are seated. Start it. Turn wheel all the way to left, then all the way to right, then center. Shut it off. Restart and try it. If no help, you got something out of whack. Tech is full of it.

Doesn’t sound crazy at all. Removing and reinserting the power steering fuse fixed the pulling problem in this particular case - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/right-pull.16520/post-871631

Sponsored

alphagamma

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a call from the dealer. They stated that my axel was "cross-cambered" and after conferring with tech support at FCA, replaced the axel tube. I'm to pick it up in an hour and they claim I will be thrilled with the results that it drives straight now.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just got a call from the dealer. They stated that my axel was "cross-cambered" and after conferring with tech support at FCA, replaced the axel tube. I'm to pick it up in an hour and they claim I will be thrilled with the results that it drives straight now.
Do you have your before repair (and possibly after repair) alignment printout that you can post here? And did they say what indicated it was cross-cambered?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I find my jeep(s) have always been sensitive to road crown. Looking at OPs original video I really can’t tell if this is the issue...

alphagamma

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It did not fix it. I just took it in for the 5th time. At this point I am considering getting an attorney to give me advice on lemon laws in Arizona where we live. Ironically, they put me in a loaner Wrangler and it also pulls to the right.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It did not fix it. I just took it in for the 5th time. At this point I am considering getting an attorney to give me advice on lemon laws in Arizona where we live. Ironically, they put me in a loaner Wrangler and it also pulls to the right.
Can you post a copy of your alignment reports?

Sponsored

alphagamma

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well. I'm an extremely dis-satisfied Jeep customer. After 5 visits to the dealer for it pulling to the right and getting customer care involved at FCA corporate, I've been told it's operating as designed and nothing else will be done. This is our 3rd Wrangler in a row and now it's the last.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well. I'm an extremely dis-satisfied Jeep customer. After 5 visits to the dealer for it pulling to the right and getting customer care involved at FCA corporate, I've been told it's operating as designed and nothing else will be done. This is our 3rd Wrangler in a row and now it's the last.
Did you you try the fuse technique, which some say it fixed pulling, some say it fixed loose steering.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...like-it-has-play-and-drifts.3691/post-1132084

Yes the dealer should do this and you shouldn’t have to do these things but it takes just a few minutes to pull a fuse.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
you can file under lemon law issues and force a buy back.
Sponsored