Sponsored

Does the SiriusXM subscription effect remote start from the key fob?

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
My 1 year is about to expire and I have no plans on renewing. I assume I’ll lose the ability to start, lock/unlock and get health reports from my phone but that’s not a huge deal. Just want to make sure key fob remote start will still function after my trial ends.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

My 1 year is about to expire and I have no plans on renewing. I assume I’ll lose the ability to start, lock/unlock and get health reports from my phone but that’s not a huge deal. Just want to make sure key fob remote start will still function after my trial ends.
XM and Guardian are two separate services, and they don't eve really "know" about each other. That being said, the fob is independent of the Guardian subscription. You will continue to get vehicle health reports, but all the remote locations, starting from the app, etc is lost. Vehicle health reports, in-car weather and traffic are good for 5 years, last I recalled reading.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Notorious, wow an honest question and this is your reply??

You are as funny as a screen door on a submarine and ya even got some likes, figures! Little to do, I guess:( as have I for posting this!

Go Jeep!!!

It’s also tied to the blinker fluid levels. :CWL:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Notorious, wow an honest question and this is your reply??

You are as funny as a screen door on a submarine and ya even got some likes, figures! Little to do, I guess:( as have I for posting this!

Go Jeep!!!
That was an honest question?!?

Do you know when you were in grade school and the teacher told you there were no such things as stupid questions? And then she posted up Santa decorations?

Your teacher LIED to you. There is no Santa, there are such things as stupid questions. They are everywhere and we get many on this forum.

Since you didn’t like my lighthearted and playful response and you want to discuss this: what vehicle manufacturer do you know that would hold your vehicle electronically hostage for not continuing to subscribe to a digital streaming music service? To the extent that the physical key fob in proximity will not start the ignition?

Clearly you and I come from different generations as your senior babble about screen doors, submarines and being funny and being bored was all very amusing to me.

Adios!

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Notorious,

There are no screen doors on Subs, OMG? I bet the next thing you're gonna tell me is there is no Easter Bunny either? :CWL:

I think I remember some posts on Sirius controlling the "off road pages" everyone seemed to have decent answers on that one when sirius did not, just sayin'? Perhaps Blkhawk_jl was thinking of remote start from a computer or smart phone that also needs a subscription? (it is called SiriusXM Guardian)

Whatever the case, be nice and have fun ! Sorry I missed your "smiles" on you initial post.

Go Jeep!!!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
There are no screen doors on Subs, OMG?
I want to be a co creator with you for screen doors on submarines. We can set up an appointment to go down to the National patent office and file our designs. And then we can make a ton of money and retire happy.
I bet the next thing you're gonna tell me is there is no Easter Bunny either? :CWL:
There is a southern bunny if you know what I mean, know what I mean?! :giggle:

But when it comes to bunnies, rabbits, mansions and rich people, it’s like that cereal commercial used to say...

“Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.” :CWL:
I think I remember some posts on Sirius controlling the "off road pages" everyone seemed to have decent answers on that one when sirius did not, just sayin'? Perhaps Blkhawk_jl was thinking of remote start from a computer or smart phone that also needs a subscription? (it is called SiriusXM Guardian)
Possibily!
Whatever the case, be nice and have fun ! Sorry I missed your "smiles" on you initial post.
I’m always having fun and being nice. Sometimes words aren’t always expressed on the internet as intended. With each of my posts, I don’t have ill intentions unless someone gives me a reason. No harm, no foul.
Go Jeep!!!
Amen! :rock:

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
That was an honest question?!?

Do you know when you were in grade school and the teacher told you there were no such things as stupid questions? And then she posted up Santa decorations?

Your teacher LIED to you. There is no Santa, there are such things as stupid questions. They are everywhere and we get many on this forum.

Since you didn’t like my lighthearted and playful response and you want to discuss this: what vehicle manufacturer do you know that would hold your vehicle electronically hostage for not continuing to subscribe to a digital streaming music service? To the extent that the physical key fob in proximity will not start the ignition?

Clearly you and I come from different generations as your senior babble about screen doors, submarines and being funny and being bored was all very amusing to me.

Adios!
There is absolutely a Santa Claus. I used to go drinking with him when I lived in North Pole, Alaska.

Your argument is invalid.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Notorious,
If we do the Sub screen doors I certainly would happy split any finances gained but I will elect you for the first sea trials!;)

Wolfdog

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s also tied to the blinker fluid levels. :CWL:
How often do we need to change Blinker Fluids??? And if I take 20 lbs of air out of each tire when i'm off roading does that mean I can carry an extra 80 lbs of gear?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
what vehicle manufacturer do you know that would hold your vehicle electronically hostage for not continuing to subscribe to a digital streaming music service? To the extent that the physical key fob in proximity will not start the ignition?
Give them time...they are probably trying to figure out a way. :facepalm: