Sponsored

Does the new JL have a TPMS sensor in the spare?

jbradley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
I just swaped out my tires with some rubicon take offs and while at discount tire they informed me that the spare needed to be changed out to to clear the dash warning. They said that Jeeps have been putting TPMS sensors in there spares for awhile. I was only able the cary the four tires in the jeep so left the spare at home. Well once they were done changing the TPMS sensors on the ground and I drove off the dash error cleared and everything looks great. Now Im not sure if i should take the spares back and check or not. Does anyone know for certain if the spare tire and wheels have TPMS?
Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my understanding is yes, people have been using the spare in their tire rotation with no issues.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes, all wranglers have a full-size spare. All full-size spares have a TPMS sensor.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yes, and according to other threads I’ve read here the sensors automatically sense the proper tire position. It may take a few start cycles until the sensors get oriented.

I’ll know for sure when I rotate my tires next week (spare crossover pattern)

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
... until the sensors get oriented.
;)No doubt initially dizzy from the rotating tires. Somebody should tell the TPMS to "stare in one place" like figure skaters do during a spin.

OP
OP

jbradley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
Thanks for all the replies! Ill have to load up the spare and stock to have TPMS swapped Monday.
Sponsored